Chapter 5 - Break the Ice.

Loui was awakened by the sound of two bottles crashing together, causing a loud "CLING". He growled and squeezed his eyes shut, trying to go back to sleep, but his head was pounding with pain. He slowly opened his eyes, and the bright light stung his eyes.

"Holy fuck", he hissed as his eyes were used to the light. Niall was walking around in the room and was cleaning up, and he currently was picking up the empty bottles that were lying around the house and threw them into a bag that he was carrying, which was causing the sound that woke Louis up. 

Louis tried to get up, but his whole body ached. He looked around, he was lying on the ground of Niall's living room, he must have passed out on the ground last night. He growled and sunk back to the ground and covered his face with his hands, cursing under his breath. 

Niall stopped and looked over to Louis. "Are you awake?" Louis nodded, and whimpered as he felt pain shoot through his head. "You're hungover, aren't you? You really drank a lot yesterday.", Niall said.

"Obviously, my head tells me.", Louis moaned while massaging his temples.

Niall shrugged and went on with cleaning the mess. Louis carefully got up and stumbled over to the sofa and sat down. "What happened yesterday? I can't remember anything." 

"Well..", Niall started. "You first made a drink competition with Zayn which you lost, then you got over-emotional and drank like a half bottle of vodka, a wonder you didn't throw up right after.", he giggled. "Then you disappeared for a while and when you came back you bragged about how you just, well let me quote you, "how you banged that chick", which I hardly believe you actually did, and then you drank more and-"

Louis groaned. "Stop, I don't want to hear more." He sighed. He looked to the side where a big clock was, which showed it was almost 12 pm. Louis jumped up. "I need to go, my mum will be mad as hell. I'll see you tomorrow.", he said to Niall has he ran outside and unlocked the car, ignoring the pounding headache in his head, and drove home. 

 ~

He parked the car in the drive way, and unlocked the front door and sneaked in and tried to walk up the stairs. "Louis William Tomlinson, where have you been?", his mum's strong voice made Louis flinch, and he swallowed before he turned around.

"I-", Louis started but Jay interrupted him. "Have you been drinking?", she wrinkled nose. "You smell like a bar, where have you been? Don't even think about lying!", she said, looking at him strictly.

"At a party?", Louis said carefully. "A friend of mine threw a party and invited me and-" - "Why didn't you tell me? And you took my car, you know what could have happened if you got the idea to drive home wasted!", she said with an angry expression on her face.

"Not even thinking about that you took my car without my permission! And you got drunk, Louis, what the hell got into you?" Louis swallowed, shrugged and looked at the ground, avoiding eye contact with his mum. "You're grounded for a week, think about it while you spend time in your room!", Jay hissed and turned around and walked into the kitchen. 

Louis rolled his eyes and walked upstairs into the bathroom. He opened the drawer and got out two white pills, and walked into his room, got his bottle of water and swallowed the two painkillers and lied down on his bed, thinking about what to do since it was Sunday and he was grounded. 

 ~

Louis woke up early the next morning. He cracked his eyes open and locked at his phone, reading that it's only 5:30 am. He went to bed early yesterday since he had nothing to do. 

He sat up, stretched himself and walked into the bathroom and took a long, refreshing shower, and got dressed in a red sweater and a blue jeans, and walked downstairs and made himself breakfast. He sat down at the table and started eating when Jay walked in with a surprised expression on her face. "What are you doing awake? It's barely half past six.", she said while she started to make breakfast for the four girls. 

Louis shrugged. "I had an early night and got the price this morning, I guess I'll be early at school today.", he said, and put his plate into the dishwasher. "I'll go wake the girls." 

At quarter past seven, Louis walked to school. He walked down the driveway and thought about taking his mother's car, but that would get him another week of being grounded. He sighed and walked down the street, past Harry's house who just walked out of the house. Harry froze a he saw Louis looking at him. 

Louis swallowed, and smiled. "Hey Harry." Harry walked towards Louis, and Louis took a step backwards. "What part of don't talk to me is so incomprehensibly?, he hissed.

"Should I demontrate it on your face?" Louis shook his head. "I don't believe you, this cold behaviour, it's not you. It's a mask, and you're trying to hide something." Louis tried to not break the eye contact with Harry.

"Well, if I would hide anything, than I hide it, so obviously I don't want anyone to see it, that would include you. What the fuck are you doing here anyway? Are you stalking me?" 

"No, I live three houses down the road." Harry raised his eyebrows and just looked at Louis. "Maybe we can walk to school together? You can't avoid me anyway, we got the same way.", Louis said and laughed slightly, trying to break the tension that was in the air. Harry sighed annoyed. "Fine, but keep your mouth shut." Louis nodded and they started walking.

Maybe this was a chance to find out who Harry really was?