Chapter 24 - Secrets.

As Louis walked out of his room, his floor was covered in clothes, just as well as his bed. It took Louis more than two hours to choose what he wanted to wear for his date with Harry.

Every time Louis thought that, he found himself smiling wide; he had a date with Harry, and he couldn’t believe how good that sounded.

Louis had a date with Harry.

Louis usually had no problems choosing what to wear, but this inducement was different to going to school or going to the mall with Liam or Zayn; he had an actual date with Harry. Louis always thought of him was okay, he thought he was okay looking, but okay wasn’t enough.

He wanted to look perfect for tonight; that was what he sought.

Louis passed the full length mirror that his mother hung in the hallway and looked at his reflection, smiling satisfied.

He chose to wear dark skinny jeans and a pale-blue button up shirt combined with black converse; he rarely wore this outfit because the shirt was an expensive one, but Harry was worth it; if Louis was sure about one thing, it was this one.

It took Louis more than half an hour to style his hair; he usually just combed it and let it be the way they were; hanging into his face, shaping into a fringe, but today he took the time to style them into a quiff, and honestly… Louis loved it, but he doubted he would wear it more frequently considering to the amount of time it took to style them.

Louis shook his head to pull him out of the thoughts before he walked down the stairs and picked up his car keys.

“Mum, I’m leaving!” Louis called into the house; he pulled open the front door, stepped outside and closed the door. He walked over to his car, unlocked it and dumped down on the driver seat. He started the car, turned on the radio and pulled out of the drive way, but stopped the car once he was in front of Harry’s house.

Louis stepped out of the car, closed the door and walked over to Harry’s front door; Louis would lie if he said he wasn’t nervous; truth be told, his heart was racing, and he felt like everyone could see it.

He rang the doorbell and took a step back and fiddled with his sweaty palms as the door swung open, revealing Harry. Louis looked up to him and his breath hitched for a second.

Harry usually wore dark clothes, like… dark skinny jeans, a black V-neck shirt and some boots, his hair was always messy and it looked like he just got out of bed; like that kind of people that get out of bed in the morning and never bother to do their hair because they would go to bed straight after returning from school.

Now Harry was wearing blue skinny jeans, a grey V-neck and a bluish-pink, almost lilac colored button up shirt, but he left it open, and god, it looked gorgeous; Louis had to admit, it looked way better than the dark, colorless clothes he was used to see on Harry.

“You look good,” Louis commented, smiling up to Harry, and Harry blushed a bit and tried to hide it with smiling back.

“I don’t want to start on you,” Harry said back.

“Are you ready to go?” Louis asked, and Harry nodded; he disappeared for a second just to return with a coat on and stepped outside.

“Let’s go then,” Louis said and grabbed Harry’s hand, gently intertwining their hands before they started to walk over to Louis’ car. Louis’ hand felt cold after Harry let go of it as he sat down on the passenger seat, it felt like something was missing, but Louis shook of the feeling, knowing he could hold it again when they were out of the car.

Louis buckled his seatbelt and started the car. He took one last glance at Harry before he drove off with the biggest smile on his face.

~