Chapter 31 - "He'll be okay."

Another broken past right here, I am a drama queen when it comes to writing I don’t even know how I do it, haha. It’s kinda funny writing fluff and dram at the same time, I enjoy it ;)

It’s finally weekend and I survived the first three days of school without punching someone across the face… it was a true challenge.

My English teacher gave us the assignment to write a children’s book in one month time and when it’s good we would send it to a publisher but I literally have NO idea for a children’s book, it’s seriously frustrating. I can write anything; horror, drama, thriller, science fiction, romance, smut, AYNTHING EXEPT CHILDREN’S BOOKS.

The lord is testing me.

~

Follow me on instagram? @ahoinadine :)

~

After Greg had driven Niall to the hospital, the scene that happened in England, just a day prior repeated itself; Liam, Zayn and Greg were sitting in the waiting room while a doctor took care of Niall’s wounds and checked on him to see if he had some inner bleedings.

Zayn was the one who was the most tired; emotionally and physically. He had seen two of his friends bruised and broken in just two days of time. He had been to a hospital twice, he had been suffering from uncertainty twice in the last two days, but he was more worried about Niall than he was about Louis, by far.

Louis was strong; Zayn knew Louis would fight for his life. Niall on the other hand was fragile, his body looked slim and weak, like the smallest bruise could kill him and that was the point Zayns brain started ringing, surrendering under all those thoughts that ran through his mind.

Zayn pulled his knees up to his chest and let out a heavy sigh as his eyes travelled to Liam and Greg who weren’t sitting far away. Greg was holding a cup of coffee in his hands that a nurse brought around earlier, but Greg didn’t seem to acknowledge the coffee since he didn’t took a single sip and Zayn was sure the coffee got cold by now.

Niall’s brother was just staring at the opposite wall as if the cure of cancer was written on it, perfectly explained, or the answer of all questions in the known universe.

Liam had sat down on a chair that was placed a few step from Zayn and Greg, and Liam had buried his face in his hand while his knees were pulled up to his chest as well, but the shaking of Liam’s body told Zayn that Liam was crying, but Zayn couldn’t see why Liam shouldn’t.

His best friend- well, scratch that, the boy he admitted to be in love with was lying behind one of the closed doors, probably in immense pain without anyone of them knowing how badly Niall was bruised, or if he was going to make it or not.

Guilt was nagging Zayn as he took in the scene; he knew Liam wanted to check up on Niall earlier since he had a bad feeling about everything while Zayn brushed it off and convinced him that Niall was alright, when Liam was the one who was right all along, but how should Zayn know that Niall’s dad was abusive?

“I should’ve known,” muttered Greg, breaking the uncomfortable silence that was in the room and Zayn looked at Greg quizzically.

“What?” Zayn questioned and Greg sighed, turning the cup around in his hand while watching the coffee sloshing around in the cup.

“I said, I should’ve known,” Greg repeated a bit louder, not looking up. “I should’ve known that it would end this way, I had a feeling but I pushed it away, leaving the thought in the back of my brain.”