Chapter 32 - "I thought I lost you."

I came to the conclusion I have to do some heavy editing on Crack the Shutters once it’s finished like… the grammar and the spelling is horrendous at some parts it makes me want to cry (and someone drew my attention to the fact that I accidentally switched into first persons view in one of the last chapters), yeah… I’m such a stereotypical blonde. *sigh*

Also… almost 33k reads on this book AND 1k TOTAL VOTES I WANT TO PUNCH A WALL OMG. I love you guys so much I hope something good happens to you today! :3

On other notes, enjoy the chapter, please vote and leave comments, long comments make me smile and I’m in need of a good smile, exam weeks are coming up. ((Can we reach 60 Votes?:D) <3

-----------------------------------------------------

As Niall’s eyes slowly opened, his head was buzzing and his body was aching. His eyes slowly adjusted to the light in the room and tiredly eyed the room he was lying in.

The walls were painted in a boring white, there was a TV hanging on the wall that wasn’t turned on so you could see the reflection of the room in it – the bed Niall was lying in had a little night stand with a table and the smell of disinfects was in the air.

He slowly turned his head to his right where his eyes fell upon Greg who was sitting on the chair right next to Niall’s bed – he didn’t seem to have noticed Niall yet since he had his legs pulled up to his chest, his eyes lowered onto the phone that he held in his hand, his finger flying hectically over the screen as if he was trying to send a quick text message.

“G-Greg?” Niall said in a quiet, hoarse voice and his brother’s head immediately flew up, his mouth twitching into a slight smile.

“Hey Niall,” Greg greeted Niall. “How are you feeling?” he then asked and Niall shrugged, yelping out as the pain shot through his shoulder.

“I-I’m okay, I guess,” he choked out, taking a deep breath. “Everything hurts and… I have no idea what happened,” he added and Greg raised his eyebrows.

“What do you remember?” Greg asked carefully and Niall thought for a second.

“I do remember that I skipped school because Josh and I hung out at his grandma’s house and then... I think the school called Bobby to inform him about it since they noticed and then he… went crazy.”

Greg nodded and let out a sigh, squeezing his lips together. “That’s basically all you have to know,” Greg said and Niall nodded slightly, looking down at his lap.

“I’m sorry for all this, Nialler,” Greg said almost inaudibly and Niall looked up again, looking at his brother, confusion written all over his face.

“Sorry for what?” Niall asked back and guilt was consuming Greg from the inside as it finally settled in that Niall was lying on the hospital, obviously hurt – the only good thing about this would be that they finally discovered Niall’s mental illnesses and offered professional treatment for the teenager.

“For, this,” the older boy replied, pointing at Niall. “It’s my fault you’re lying here,” he confessed silently and Niall couldn’t get more confused.

“It’s not,” Niall spoke. “It’s Bobbys fault, it’s not like you begged him to beat me, or beat me as well.”

Greg shook his head. He closed his eyes and took a few deep, steady breaths. “It is, Niall, I knew Bobby is a violent person, I’ve gone through all that all these years, I know how Bobby can flip out when something goes the wrong way. I could’ve protected you by making sure you don’t get to move in with this bastard, but no, I brushed it off, thinking he would treat you different.” Greg bit his lower lip.