Chapter 29 - Confession.

Harry stared at Jay, his green eyes widened the second those words left Jay’s mouth but it took him another few seconds to really understand what he just heard.

There was one certain word flying through the curly-haired boy’s head; a word that summarized basically everything that he was thinking in that moment.

No.

He refused to believe it even though deep down, he knew it happened, but the thought of everything being a lie seemed more comforting to Harry, more comforting than knowing someone raped Louis; little, precious, innocent Louis.

“You’re lying, right?” Harry then choked out, his green eyes eyed Jay in an almost pleading way, but Jay slowly shook her head, her eyes were watery and the first tear threatened to fall out out of her eye.

Harry wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s mother and Jay’s tears fell, slowly soaking Harry’s shirt; as much as Harry wanted to cry, he told himself to stay strong. His emerald eyes slowly wandered around the room as he held Jay, stopping as they fell upon the raven-haired lad who was awkwardly standing next to Harry and Jay.

“Are you okay?” Harry mouthed to Zayn who bit his lower lip, nodding slowly before he let himself fall onto one of the chairs.

As much as Zayn was concerned about Louis, he couldn’t stop wondering about Harry. The Harry who was standing in front of him was in no way comparable to the cold Harry whom he met in the school hallways for more than six years, this Harry showed emotion, he looked geniuely caring.

Maybe Zayn had a wrong impresion of Harry after all, that’s what he explained this sight with before Harry pulled away from Jay as a nurse walked into the room, looking at the three people.

“Louis can be taken home now,” the young girl explained. “He needs rest but beside this, he’s okay.”

Harry and Zayn agreed to keep waiting in the waiting room while Jay went to get Louis, so the guy with the curly hair sat down on the chair next to Zayn. Harry bit his lower lip and sighed.

“He’s going to be okay,” Zayn tried to cheer Harry up; his mouth twitched into a small smile and Harry looked up, his green eyes meeting Zayn’s golden eyes, but instead of hope there as something else shimmering in Harry’s eyes, something Zayn couldn’t explain but it made Harry’s eyes appear darker, they weren’t the usual emerald shade of green, it was darker, much darker.

“It’s my fault,” Harry’s raspy voice then said barely above a whisper which made Zayn raise his eyebrows as he eyed his friend’s boyfriend.

“Why in the world should this be your fault? You haven’t done anything to cause this unless you were the one who raped him,” the raven-haired guy replied and Harry shook his head, his curls bouncing around on his head.

“It is my fault,” he insisted, his eyes fixed on his feet which shifted around in an umcomfortable way while his hands were shoved into his pockets. It wasn’t hard to tell Harry was having an internal fight with himself.

“Harry, it’s-“ Zayn began to say but he got interrupted by Harry’s head flying up; the green eyes belonging to the other boy pierced right through Zayn’s head.

“Zayn, you don’t understand!” Harry said, his voice slightly shaking as his eyes started to water.

“Then explain,” Zayn told Harry who bit his lower lip so hard that he started to draw blood before he in- and exhaled deeply and started to explain why he felt the way he felt.

“After Louis and me started dating I was trying to get him to keep it a secret because I wasn’t sure how people would react to Louis dating me since everyone hates me or thinks I’m a freak but Louis was so eager to scream it out to the world so I couldn’t do anything about it.” Harry sighed heavily.