Chapter Eighteen

The next morning, I woke up with a huge smile on my face because it was the day of fundraiser and I was going to meet Tyler later tonight. I hope I wasn't dreaming last night and if I wasn't, I really didn't want him to have any major red flags. I am willing to overlook a few but I am human after all.

What if he is a serial killer?

What if he is a terrorist?

Or what if he only likes to keep things casual?

Fuck, what if he has some kind of deadly disease and he is going to die like it happens in the movies?

Jeez!

I need to stop overthinking.

I tried to come up with a lot of 'what ifs' but at the same time, I was happy to rule out any possibilities of another girl. By the looks of it, he did have a beautiful loving family and a normal lifestyle. What could possibly be the reason he is hesitant to be with me?!

"Patience, Chloe." I sighed and got out of my bed to take a quick shower.

Once I was out of the shower, I rummaged through my closet to find something cute to wear.

Pink suits you.

I remembered his text from last night and smiled, thinking about him yet again. I found a white crop top and paired it up with a baby pink pleated skirt. I quickly got dressed and wore minimal make-up as I didn't want to look like I tried to hard for a guy. After pulling back my hair in a long sleek ponytail and wearing my sneakers, I rushed downstairs with my bag to head out. I had to make sure everything was ready at the school before the principal could breathe down my neck.

"Woah! Slow down young lady. What's the hurry?" Mary's voice reached my ears before I could see her in the kitchen flipping pancakes.

"I'm running late, Mary. Today's the fundraiser and I need to make sure everything is perfect." I explained and sat down to have a quick bite as my stomach grumbled at the smell of her pancakes.

"I'm sure it will be perfect if you have planned the whole thing." She added with a warm grin as she placed a plate in front of me.

"It's not just me. One of my classmate helped me as well." I mumbled as I covered my pancakes in some maple syrup and started to dig in.

"And I am assuming this is the same classmates with whom you stayed that nigh after the party."

My cheeks turned red immediately. I was surprised at how sharp her memory was but I couldn't help but groan in response.

"Ugh! I hate how right you are but not a word about this. I've already heard enough from my dad." I spoke a little too soon, stuffing my face with her delicious pancakes. She gave me an amusing look and I eyed her suspiciously as I chewed on my food.

"What?"

"I didn't say a word yet but from the way you are acting, I can tell there is something going on here." She stated, making me almost choke on my food.

"Please,Mary. Let me just enjoy my breakfast." I whined and continued to eat, making her laugh and when we both heard the sound of the doorbell.

"I'll go get it."

I nodded at her and continued to eat, feeling happy that I was saved by the doorbell.

"Who is it, Mary? Is it Mandy? I thought she was meeting me directly at the fundraiser along with the others." I called out from the kitchen as I stood up to drop my plates in the sink.

"It is not Mandy. So, this classmate of yours, does he..."

"Fine, Mary. What do you want me to say? Do I want something to go on between us? Yes, I want it so much that it's driving me insane but does he want the same thing as well? I'm fucking clueless. Boys are so dumb." I interjected her with my rant and let out a huge sigh as I turned around, wiping my hands with a towel. I froze when I saw Tyler standing next to Mary and dropped the hand towel to the ground.