Chapter Thirty Six

"Ummm..he is my...He is a friend of mine from high school." I quickly corrected and didn't dare look at Tyler. Cindy raised her eyebrow and started to eye him from top to bottom.

"Friend huh? Is he available?" she asked without missing a beat, making me almost choke on my drink. My eyes went wide in shock as I had no idea how to respond to it. Would Tyler be into her? I hope not.

"Hi, I'm Cindy. Chloe's best friend."

Oh God! Leave him alone, Cindy.

"Hi, I'm Tyler Cummings. Chloe's high school ex and potential boyfriend in the near future. We are obviously end game. She just doesn't know it yet." He introduced himself, making me go still as I heard his words. I tried to ignore the butterflies in my stomach and the sound of my heart racing wildly against my chest but it was useless.

Potential boyfriend? End game? Does that mean he is still single and INTO ME?! Someone please hold me or I might pass out.

"Oh my God! That's so cute and you, Chloe Adams, you better spill the tea tomorrow about all of this." She glared at me, pretending to be angry when I knew deep down she was waiting to get me alone so I can tell her about him.

"I can now see why you don't date anyone. Have fun, babe." She winked at me and walked away towards the dance floor not before mouthing the words 'He is so hot'. I rolled my eyes and sat there blushing like an idiot. Thankfully, the bar was dim lighted so he couldn't see how red my face looked.

"She is so much better than your high school friends." Tyler spoke, chuckling a bit and I nodded at his statement which was indeed true.

"Yeah, she is a crazy one but I love her." I added, taking a sip of my drink as well. I started to feel a bit tipsy and took a deep breath. I wanted to look at him and ask him what he meant by everything he told Cindy but I couldn't help but wonder if he was drunk.

That could be it.

"How much did you drink before you came over?" I asked, eyeing him suspiciously and he threw his head back and started to laugh.

"Jesus, Chloe. I am not drunk and I meant every single word I said to Cindy."

"But...but why?"

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't contact you for a year since we met so why are you still waiting for me? You could easily get any girl in this pub. Heck, even Cindy." I muttered, feeling overwhelmed by the music, his presence and the drink in front of me.

"I'm not gonna lie. I was pretty bummed when I didn't get a call or text from you but I've always been hopeful about you, princess. I can wait forever if that's what it takes for you to forgive me and trust me again. I'm not gonna give up or leave you this time. I lost you once already. Can't go through it again." He explained, looked straight into my eyes and I was surprised by the fact that I was still sitting on the stool and not melting on the floor.

Tears filled my eyes and I realised how much I missed because of my ego and stubbornness. Years of frustration and missing him got the best of me and I burst into tears. I emptied my drink and wiped my tears, not caring how crazy I must have looked to him.

"Fuck, please don't cry, Chloe. I should have probably shut my mouth." He panicked and got down from his stool to comfort me. He cupped my cheeks and started to wipe my tears while I shivered against his touch. I stopped crying and looked at him but he was already staring at me with a worried look in his eyes.

"I needed to hear that or else I would have still stayed stubborn assuming that have you moved on." I admitted, wiping my face and he kissed my forehead before pulling me to his chest. I could feel his warmth and tenderness as he hugged me tightly and in that moment, despite being in a crowded bar, I felt safe in his arms and I realised that he was my home.

He always has been.

"I've got you, baby. It's better late than never."

—————————————————————————
Once I was done with my sob fest, blame it on the alcohol and successfully ruining his shirt with my mascara, we left the bar after saying goodbye to Cindy who gave us both a teasing look. I had no idea what this makes us or where we stood right now. All I knew is that I was wanted to be with him right now and also that I was hungry.

"Wait, my car is in the parking lot."

"I can drive. Where do you wanna go? We can talk now or I'll drop you at you place and we can talk tomorrow once you are sober." He offered while I chewed the inner corners of my cheek, pondering over what he just said.

"Let's go to my place. I'm hungry. We can order take out food." I suggested and he was more than happy to agree.

"Perfect." He flashed one of his dashing smiles, making my heart skip a beat and I was feeling nervous and excited at the same time. This was Tyler, the guy I have already kissed and well almost done other things with yet being next to him still made me feel giddy with excitement.

We drove in silence to my place after I entered my address in the GPS for him and I was starting to sober up. Once we reached my apartment, I unlocked the door and opened it wide enough for him to enter.

"Wow, this place has written you all over it. It even smells like you." He spoke as his eyes roamed around my apartment and I smiled at his compliment that instantly warmed my heart.

"And what is that? What do I smell like?" I asked, walking behind him and he turned around to face me.

"Peaches. You smell like peaches with a hint of Vanilla and you remind me of springtime." He answered immediately and this time I didn't fight the blush that was threatening to show on my face.

"This feels surreal. I never thought I would be standing here today." He whispered and I took a stood closer towards him.

"Me too. This is crazy and we have a lot to catch up and talk about but I don't want to waste another minute without you." I admitted truthfully, not caring how vulnerable I sounded and he immediately took me in his arms, making me gasp loudly. My entire body came to life as I felt his grip around my waist tighten and his eyes turned dark with desire.

"Tyler..." I whispered as I felt blood rushing to my core and I watched his Adam's apple moving up and down. He looked like he was holding himself  back from going any further.

"Are you sure about this? I don't want you to regret anything. I mean if you are drunk.."

"Shut up, Tyler." I interrupted him before smashing my lips against his and kissing him deeply. Once the initial shock wore off, he started to kiss me back with so much need and desire. I almost let out a soft moan as he pushed me against a wall and I felt him smile against my lips.

"Fuck, you have no idea how much I missed this and how many times I've dreamed about this happening." He whispered, pulling back and tracing my lower lip with his thumb. A simple yet erotic touch that made me wet instantly and I squeezed my thighs together. Before I could respond, he kissed me again, making my mind go blank.