Chapter Twenty Eight

Okay! Maybe I was not ready to hear him out. I was ready to lash out on the him for leaving me unannounced. I tried to act more mature and not clingy but I couldn't help calling him and texting him on my way to school only to get no response from him.

Unbelievable!

He better have a good reason for ditching me like this.

Once I reached the school, I walked straight to his locker to find him but on my way I was getting a lot of stares from the students and I was smart enough to know that these weren't the kind of stares I usually get.

Okay, weird! Do I have something on my face?

As I got closer to his locker, there was a small crowd surrounding him as he was grabbing his stuff from the locker and I noticed my friends, looking worried and they immediately rushed towards me when they saw me. Everyone made way for me to walk through the crowd and I had no idea what the hell was going on.

"Chloe, you poor thing! Did you know about this?" Cara asked, holding my hands and I gave her a confused look.

"They found drugs in Tyler's locker and he is terminated effectively from our school. Everyone knows he has a history with drugs now. I guess he couldn't hide it anymore." Jenny added with a look of relief and I almost stopped breathing at her response.

No! Fuck! How could this happen?

Tyler's clean and he was with me all night. At least for most of the night.

"That's impossible. He isn't using anymore."

"Wait, so you knew about it and yet you were with him?" Jenny asked in a tone laced with judgement and I glared at her before pushing her out of my way and went straight to Tyler. He was filling his backpack with his stuff and didn't look at me even once. I couldn't make out what he was feeling right now. He knew I was standing next to him. Why wasn't he looking at me?

Is he really using again? Is that why he ditched me in the morning? I had a lot of questions for him.

"Tyler.."

"Don't, Chloe. You've done enough."

Huh? What the hell is he talking about?

"What are you talking about?"

"No one knows about my past except you in this school and  I made sure to leave no tracks behind when I transferred."

"So? I don't get it."

"Oh come on, you can stop your little act and admit it. You've finally won, princess." He spoke and looked up at me with full of anger and hatred in his eyes and I simply wanted to drop dead at that moment when he accused me and the way he called me princess made me uncomfortable in a way I've never felt before.

Wait, he thinks I had something to do with the drugs in his locker? But why would he think I was behind it? Did he not trust me?

"Tyler, I swear I have no idea. Why would I plant drugs in your locker? I was with you..." I paused as I took a look around and everyone were staring at us. I lower my voice anyways and continued, "I was with you last night. Are you crazy?"

"You must have asked one of your little minions to do your dirty work. God! I never thought you would take this game of yours so far. Yes, I humiliated you in front of the whole school but this? Pretending to love me to get what you want? You ruined my fucking life, Chloe!" He roared in anger, pushing me against his locker and I could see every shade of anger, pain and hatred on his face. I felt my heart breaking into a million pieces as I let every word he uttered finally sink in.

Did he honestly forget everything we had been through in this past week?

I fell for him for real. How could I pretend to love him when he already owns my heart?

"Tyler, why are you doing this? You know I didn't do this and you know I really lo..."

"Enough, Chloe. All you wanted was for me to apologise to you in front of the whole school . Let me give you the satisfaction of that before I leave you for good." He interrupted me as he let go of my shoulders. He finally took a deep breath and looked straight into my eyes. I stopped breathing and felt like I was about to throw up.

This isn't happening.

How did everything turn upside down in one single night?

"I'm sorry, Chloe. I'm sorry that I met you and I feel sorry for myself because I actually fell in love with you. Well played!" He scoffed and looked away from me immediately like I disgust him and he squeezed his eyes shut while I couldn't stop my own tears flowing down my cheeks.

He loves me?! This is the worst possible way to know it.

"Don't ever bother me again. I never wish to see you in my life anymore." He stated before walking away from me.

Probably forever.

I had no idea what just happened and I had no idea how to prove him that I wasn't behind it. I was broken and angry at the same time. He was ready to accuse me first without wasting a second and never gave me a chance to explain.

"Fuck you, Tyler. You are a coward." I yelled loud enough for him to hear. A part of me realised that he was using this as an opportunity to escape me and whatever he was feeling for me. That's why he was ready to make me the villian so that it would be easy for him to hate me. I knew him so well.

I wiped my tears and ran outside to my car to be alone. I drove to my house, crying on my way, having no idea what to do. A part of me wanted to follow him and beg him to believe me but another part of me was anger that he is not fighting for us when I was ready to bare my body and soul to him last night.

Tyler was gone.

I wasn't sure how far he has gone away from me.

I wasn't sure if he really meant everything he said or maybe he just needed some time to cool down but I was sure of one thing. Someone was trying to frame me and ruin my relationship and I already knew who it was, the only person who wasn't there at school today, the only person who I thought was close enough and the only person to whom I blurted out about Tyler's past by accident.

Mandy!