SEVEN

Dylan kept receiving stares from the pack members. Fernando was currently taking him on a tour around the pack as instructed by Isabel. In comparison with Greenwood pack, Pride pack was also a very large pack with vast green area and mountains. The pack consisted of separate pack houses probably due to their large population. Unlike other packs, the Pride pack was quite populated. Surprisingly, its population didn't just comprise of werewolves, but also humans.

'How could a pack considered to be selfish and brutal to outsiders have so many humans in it?' Dylan couldn't help but wonder.

"We're here" Fernando's voice interrupted Dylan's thoughts. He was referring to the pack's training camp which Dylan insisted on seeing.

He couldn't conceal the surprise on his face as he stared at the vast training ground. Any werewolf would be eager to train in such an environment.

No wonder they had the largest number of warriors.

"Let me show you around." Fernando said, guiding Dylan around the camp.

There were pups running around the place, chasing each other with their tiny paws. The scene was adorable, but on second thought, what were the pups doing on training grounds?

"They recently shifted for the first time, so they're still getting used to it." It was like Fernando could read his thoughts.

Was his expression that obvious or was reading people's thoughts a Pride pack thing?

The next batch of werewolves that came in view were the pre-teens and teenagers. They were still training at the beginners level, but one could see the zeal and determination on their faces as they practiced.

"Alpha Martinez doesn't believe in numbers, but perfection." Her cousin explained as they strolled inside the camp.

"My brother has been in charge of the warriors since my dad passed away, but the beta comes around sometimes to assist."

"How many brothers do you have?"

"I have three older brothers... The eldest is currently the alpha of the Lakewood pack. He is assisted by my second brother, so they're both absent for now, while my immediate elder brother is the one I just told you about. I'll introduce him to you... Where is he?" Fernando mumbled the last part to himself, using his werewolf vision to look for his brother.

From the little time Dylan had spent with Fernando, he realized he was totally different from his cousin. Isabel was a girl of few words, Fernando on the other hand if given the chance would talk for an entire day without getting exhausted.

They eventually reached the last section of the camp, where the adults were training. Some of the werewolves were practicing defense techniques while others were asked to fight against themselves to check each other's strength and work harder on their weaknesses. Dylan noticed that the humans weren't under the same pressure as the werewolves. They were rather trained to do physical exercises to make them fit, then they proceeded to work on their physical strength before training them on how to fight.

Dylan was fascinated by their methods of training. Their drills were more tasking than that of the Greenwood pack.

'Greenwood pack definitely needed to learn a few things from the Pride pack.'

"Aha! There's my brother!" Fernando excitedly exclaimed, pointing at the direction where the humans were training.

Dylan couldn't tell who Fernando's brother actually was, as there were two tall, broad and muscular guys supervising the humans. He quickly guessed that the one with the black hair was Fernando's elder brother because he turned around as they were approaching them which could only mean one thing. Fernando had called his attention through mind link.

One of the annoying things about being a werewolf from a different pack was the fact that he wouldn't be able to mind link any werewolf from this pack, not even his mate.

He saw some resemblance between Fernando's brother and his mate. One could mistake them for siblings. The brown haired stranger beside Fernando's brother also turned around to face them, but there was something off about him. Unlike Fernando's brother who had a polite smile on his face, this stranger was obviously glaring at him.

Why would someone he's seeing for the very first time in his entire life dislike him without even knowing him?

He tried to ignore the stranger's burning glare but he couldn't, as his wolf suddenly felt threatened.

"We don't like him. He's bad." His wolf voiced out for the first time today.

Dylan ignored his wolf, not wanting to jump to quick conclusions. Doing that would only make him stoop to the same level as this stranger. He had an advantage of being well built and an inch taller as compared to this stranger. Perks of being an alpha's son and a warrior.

"Who's the one with the brown hair?" He enquired just before they reached the pair.

"He's our beta, Carlos."

Now he gets it. He feels threatened.

"Xavi, this is alpha Dylan, alpha Martinez's mate." Fernando formally introduced Dylan to his elder brother.

Dylan stole a sideways glance at the stranger and noticed his angered yet confused expression. He didn't want to seem impolite so he turned his attention towards Xavi.

"Welcome to the Pride pack, alpha." Xavi had his head low in submission.

"Nice to meet you, Xavi." Dylan replied, taking his hand for a handshake instead, to the surprise of Xavi.

"Forgive my manners, alpha. This is Carlos, the beta of Pride pack." Xavi said after the handshake, causing Dylan to return his attention to the rude stranger.

Carlos stared at Dylan straight in the eye rather than copy the actions of Xavi. Dylan's wolf found that offensive and wasted no time in taking control.

The tension between the two werewolves caused a large crowd to gather round and watch. Low growls were heard coming from the beta who looked like he was about to loose himself to his wolf any minute.

Just as Carlos was about to close the gap between them, an angry Isabel stepped between the two werewolves.

"You will bow to your alpha!" She boomed in her alpha voice.

So..... I got super excited and decided to give my beautiful readers a triple update 😉😁