THIRTY THREE

It was almost twilight at the Greenwood pack, Dylan was downstairs assisting his mom and brother in sharing relief materials to the pack members when they heard multiple howls outside.

"They're here." Daniel murmured to no one in particular.

Isabel was alone in Daniel's study, calculating how to go about this fight without endangering the members of the Greenwood pack so that her efforts to keep them safe doesn't go down the drain. The sound of werewolves howling from a distance caught her attention, causing her wolf to become fully alert. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, getting her wolf ready for war. When she opened them back, her eyes had completely turned amber.

Daniel was racing upstairs to inform Isabel that the rogues had began their attack, but stopped midway on seeing Isabel taking long strides down the stairs.

"Alpha-"

"I know." She cut him off before he could make out a sentence.

"Are your warriors stationed at the different pack houses?"

"Yes"

"Good... Xavi, divide the warriors into three groups. Get two groups to protect the pack houses. The last group should be responsible for this house." She ordered her beta, who immediately got to it.

Dylan, on hearing Isabel's authoritative voice abandoned what he was doing and approached her and his older brother. Her eyes were completely yellow, indicating that her wolf was in control, but to his surprise, she was calm and composed.

How is that even possible?

"What am I supposed to do?" He asked his mate, eager to help his pack by joining in the fight.

"Nothing." Isabel replied, wrapping her hair in her signature tight ponytail.

"That isn't fair! I wanna help too." He countered.

"You're helping by staying back with your parents."

Isabel peeled off her leather jacket, leaving her in just her black tank top and denim pants.

"Dylan, she has a point. You need to be here for mom, dad and David." His older brother tried to convince him out of fighting.

"Not you too... They're also my people."

"Dylan!" The rage in Isabel's alpha voice caused him to stay quiet.

Why would she, a non-member of the Greenwood pack be out there fighting while he, a former member of the pack be in the safety of his house?

"I have to go." Daniel excused himself from their presence and ran outside.

His sudden act alerted Isabel, who was clearly impatient to leave, but couldn't because she had to make sure her mate was safe.

"Isabel, please"

No matter how much her mate pleaded, she wasn't going to let him expose himself to danger, not when she's alive.

"Should anything happen to me out there, I want you to go back to the Pride pack and lead my people." She said in a calm voice, pressing her forehead against his.

Dylan wasn't too excited to hear those words coming from his own mate. She was far stronger than those rogues, so nothing could go wrong. If this was her way of stopping him from fighting, it isn't working, as it made him even more worried than he was before.