THIRTY SIX

By the time they arrived at the Pride pack, David, who Isabel and Dylan thought would be tired after their journey was very much hyper and wanted to walk around the Pride pack.

To grant his request, Dylan decided to give him a guided tour of the Pride pack because he knew his mate would have some immediate pack matters to discuss with her dad.

Isabel waved them goodbye and used their absence as an opportunity to get a room prepared for David. She asked Ingrid to make tacos, enchiladas and some dessert for Dylan and his little brother.

"What about you, alpha?" Ingrid asked, because Isabel didn't mention anything she'd like to eat.

Isabel wasn't in the mood to eat any food. Her thoughts were scattered and she needed some time to herself.

"Just get me a bottle of tequila." She replied.

Ingrid was a little hesitant to obey her alpha's order since her health was at stake, and considering the fact that she just returned from a warfare and was supposed to eat healthy foods to help revitalize her system.

"Yes, alpha." Ingrid, who was in no position to question her alpha's orders quietly replied, and started her way to the kitchen.

"On second thoughts, I think I'll like to have chilate de pollo (a fiery chicken soup) for lunch." Isabel's voice halted Ingrid in her tracks.

"Still... Don't forget my bottle of tequila." She concluded through mind link before heading upstairs. She needed something hot and spicy as her emotions were all over the place. She needed something to keep her emotions in check.

What would've happened if the alpha of the Greenwood pack had dug deeper and found out who the rogues were truly after?

Dylan got back from sightseeing with his little brother, David when it was night time. They had already grabbed a sandwich and some snacks during their tour, so dinner was out of the question.

He carefully handed a sleeping David to Ingrid, to tuck him in bed as he wanted to go be with his mate. His wolf has been feeling uneasy for the past couple of hours, but he just couldn't abandon his brother or cut their tour short, neither could he disrespect his father in-law, who they met outside an ice cream parlor. So, he had to contain his wolf and pretend like everything was alright.

On his way to their bedroom, the feeling got worse, making him wonder if Rodrigo had met with Isabel earlier and probably scolded her for being friendly with his former pack, the Greenwood pack, or did she lie about her injuries and was still badly hurt from the rogues attack? That could be the most possible case scenario, as he was yet to understand how she managed to heal so fast after such a gruesome battle.

He opened the bedroom door, but didn't find Isabel in the room, although her scent was everywhere. There was a half empty bottle of tequila on the bedside table with an empty glass cup beside it. This bothered Dylan a lot because Isabel never seemed to be the drinking type.

It only proves that something is definitely wrong.

Thanks to his werewolf hearing ability, he heard the sound of light sniffles coming from the direction of the bathroom. His feet quickly pulled him towards that direction.

'It can't be Isabel' he mentally said to himself as he recalled the one and only time he witnessed her cry. It was a day he'd never forget, both in a bad way and in a good way.

He took in a sharp intake of breath before turning the door knob. He wished he would find someone else crying in the bathroom, as Isabel has gone through a lot for his sake and he wouldn't want to see her unhappy ever again. But deep down, he knew that no one would dare enter their bedroom, not to mention going as far as their bathroom.