TWENTY THREE

"What the hell happened?!" Isabel's eyes were blazing with fury.

Seeing the anger exploding out of his mate, Dylan became worried. Fernando could be seen shivering from Isabel's intense glare. He has to say something so she doesn't blow up at her innocent cousin.

"I got injured during training" He lied smoothly.

Isabel's head jerked towards his direction, sending shivers down his spine. All of a sudden, the air inside the living room felt suffocating.

"What do you take me for, a fool?" She asked in a menacing tone.

How dare Dylan take her for a fool? Carlos' scent was all over him, and he was covering it up with a worthless excuse. She was going to let it slide this time for the sake of the bond they share.

With each step Isabel took towards him, Dylan's heart beat rapidly. His heart was in his mouth as Isabel stood in front of him, keeping next to no distance between them.

"I'm going to repeat myself just once... What the hell happened?" Her hot minty breath fanned his face, causing him to literally feel the heat in her voice.

"I got into a fight with Carlos" He confessed with a sigh, and tore his eyes away from Isabel's oppressive stare.

"Get me Carlos" She angrily demanded.

"Yes, alpha"

Xavi started his way to the front door only to be stopped midway by Dylan's voice.

"There's no need for that, Xavi"

The delta werewolf was caught between two alphas. Whose order does he obey in this situation?

Isabel, stunned by Dylan's interference seized him by his elbow and pulled him towards her study, throwing him into the room before slamming the door shut behind her. Dylan stood there in shock as his mate slammed her fist several times against the wall. He didn't have the courage to approach her in this state. Isabel was making strenuous efforts to tame her wolf, so it doesn't hit its mate at the slightest chance. They hate it when their authority is being undermined. Dylan noticed Isabel's shaking form slowly relax. She took a deep breath and turned around to face him.

"What really happened?" Her voice was quiet, but held no emotion.

"I don't know. You tell me" Dylan's anger surfaced at Isabel's question. She was the cause of Carlos unruly behavior towards him, yet she pretended not to know.

Underneath Isabel's cool exterior, she was fuming with indignation.

"Tell me, Isabel... Whose fault is it that Carlos acts the way he does?"

"I thought we're past this?" She gritted her teeth, to keep her anger at bay.

"Obviously, I guess not" Dylan gestured at his body.

Isabel snapped her eyes shut and inhaled deeply, counting from one to ten before opening them again.

"What do I need to do to make up for my mistake?" She calmly asked.

Isabel's sudden question made Dylan feel quite uncomfortable. He ran his fingers through his hair and looked anywhere but his mate. He wasn't asking anything from her since he already handled the situation. He was only expressing his anger in the heat of the moment, or so he thought. Suddenly Isabel's body was pressed against his.

"How do I make it up to you, huh?... I'm asking you not as your alpha, but as your mate" Her fingers trailed down his cheek, stopping at his lower jaw, where she stroked gently.

"Talk to me" She cajoled

And as stupid as Dylan was, he fell for her sweet voice and caresses.

"I don't want him by your side" He began, with a pout.

"It is done. I'll strip him of his beta title" Isabel assured, encouraging him with her eyes to continue because she could tell he wasn't done.

Dylan didn't like the fact that he was acting like a child who held grudges, but he couldn't help it, he needed to air his grievances.

"I don't want any secrets between us, and..."

"And?..." There was an amused look on Isabel's face as she listened to her mate.

"I want your loyalty" He concluded, doubting his last request will be entertained.

"You don't need to say the word... I'm all yours as long as you're mine alone".

That wouldn't be an issue on his part. He broke into a a smile when Isabel began teasing him with her tongue.

"Are we good?" She whispered, running her tongue across his ear lobe. A low moan escaped his lips, causing a proud smirk to make its way to Isabel's lips.

"I'll take that as a yes, then" She let her lips linger on her favorite spot, his hard chest, before meeting his eyes.

"My turn" She paused, waiting to see if he had any objections.

"I want you to make Fernando a stronger werewolf. He may be a Martinez by name and blood, but he lacks the fire of a true Martinez"

Isabel was concerned for her cousin's well being. His lack of interest in becoming a warrior werewolf worries her a lot, and it was already too late to get her dad to train him because he would break under her dad's supervision. So she wanted him to be in the care of her mate, who was a strong werewolf, but at the same time a compassionate one.

Dylan had no problem taking care of Fernando since he was quite fond of the teenager.

"Okay, I-"

"But... Just so you know... We both are alphas, but I call the shots"

Isabel was out of the study in a flash. It took a confused Dylan five minutes to realize what his mate's statement actually meant.

"Oh no!"