ELEVEN

Isabel arrived home to find Fernando and Dylan in the living room. Fernando's eyes were glued to the TV while Dylan's thoughts was obviously somewhere else. His head jerked up the moment she closed the door behind her. They gazed at each other for what felt like forever until Dylan tore his eyes away from her with a frown evident on his face. Isabel's heart ached from Dylan's action.

'How does she make it up to her mate?' she wondered as she made her way towards the sofa where her mate and cousin were both seated.

"Alpha" her cousin smiled, acknowledging her presence.

"Have you guys had dinner?" She quietly asked, taking a curious look at the dining area for any sign of dinner.

"Uh.." Fernando scratched the back of his neck to show his nervousness.

"Tell me what happened." Isabel used the mind link instead, as she noticed her cousin's hesitation.

"Alpha Dylan has refused to eat any food. He has been upset ever since he got back from the training ground."

Isabel clenched her teeth, tilting her head to one side. Why was he making this difficult for her? As it is, she has a lot on her plate and can't accommodate more.

"You can go now." She dismissed her cousin.

Fernando said goodnight to Isabel and her mate before leaving their presence.

Isabel, who was waiting for her cousin to leave before starting any conversation with her mate turned her attention from the front door to the living room, only to find Dylan halfway up the stairs, making her feel more terrible. She chased after him, deciding not to give up easily. She caught up with him at the hallway and pinned him to the wall, with her hands trapping him on both sides.

Isabel didn't give a damn that her mate was clearly taller and more built than her. All she wanted was for him to hear her out.

"What do you want me to say, huh?..," she began, staring into his captivating blue eyes.

"You want me to say I'm sorry?"

At this point, Isabel was desperate. She was willing to do anything to make peace with her mate, as long as he would put an end to her misery.

"Sorry doesn't cut it, Isabel."

"Then what do you want me to do?!" She couldn't hold back her frustration any longer. Sooner or later, her heat season will be at its worse.

"You're my mate, Dylan. Do you think you can ignore me all your life?"

Dylan gulped at Isabel's question. Being this close to his mate was already intoxicating, as he kept having the urge to kiss her. He has no idea how much longer he can stay mad at her, but he was willing to keep up with the act to make her suffer.

"If you think giving me an alpha title and beating your beta to a pulp will make me fall for your charms, then you guessed wrong." Dylan shoved Isabel's hands from off the wall and stormed off.

Isabel was too stunned to react or speak. Did her mate just disrespect her?

'Calm down, Isabel. He is your mate.' she held her breath and counted to ten, to suppress her rage. She can tolerate such disrespectful behavior from no one but her mate.

With that resolution, Isabel went into her bedroom.

It was 3:00am, the dead of the night. Isabel crawled out of bed completely soaked in her own sweat. The heat between her legs was too overwhelming. It made it impossible for her to go back to sleep. Her wolf needed to be mated by a male werewolf.