TEN

Isabel pushed him hard against the wall and slammed her lips on his for a hungry kiss. She desperately wanted to forget about the previous day's incident, so she pressed herself harder against him, biting his lower lip for entrance. She explored every inch of his mouth, leaving no room for thought. He kissed her back with the same intensity as he has desired this moment for some time now. Her tight grip on his hair as she devoured his mouth was getting him aroused.

Without breaking away from the kiss, she undid his jeans, sliding her free hand inside his briefs, making it impossible for him to think straight.

Carlos didn't mind Isabel having her way with him as long as he could satisfy her.

That was how the pair started an affair that should never have been.

                      END OF FLASHBACK

  Isabel closed her eyes with a deep sigh. When she opened them back, they were no longer gold in color, meaning she was in control of her wolf.

"Carlos..," she calmly called her beta's name.

"Alpha" he responded, slowly lifting his head.

"I'll let this slide for the sake of our friendship... As for your punishment, you'll be on patrol at the border for two weeks."

That was the least she could do for him. His punishment would've been harsher but she decided against it as she was partly responsible for everything.

"B- b- but alpha-"

"Get out before I change my mind."

Carlos didn't try to protest any further. He reluctantly stood up, mumbling a 'thank you' to Isabel. He was making his way to the door when a wince from Isabel made him halt in his tracks. He hurried to her side and noticed she was trying so hard to conceal her pain. He suddenly caught a scent on Isabel which awakened his wolf. She was in heat. Any female werewolf was a prey to a male werewolf when in heat.

"Get out!" She moaned in pain on noticing Carlos'change in demeanor.

Why did she let her guard down? Now everyone is soon going to find out that she goes into heat.

"Let me help you."

Carlos was already trying to take off her clothes. She lazily pushed him to the side but he didn't budge, so Isabel summoned some strength and threw Carlos hard across the room. She lunged towards him, ignoring the pain she was in. Carlos staggered to his feet and roughly reached for her waist, holding her firmly. His wolf was clearly in control.

Isabel felt disgusted when he managed to place a sloppy kiss on her lips. She pushed him away and punched him hard on the nose when he tried to mark her with his canines. She didn't stop there as she punched him for a second time before he could regain his balance, sending him to the ground. She kicked him repeatedly on his stomach until he started to bleed and soon lost consciousness.

"You left me with no choice." Isabel murmured, breathing heavily before slumping down in her chair.

"Alpha Martinez, with all due respect, brutalizing your beta because he was disrespectful to your mate was too much." One of the elders voiced his opinion.

"Are you trying to teach me my job?"

"I would never do that, alpha. All I'm saying is that his punishment was too severe as compared to his crime."

Isabel was having a meeting in her office with the council of elders five hours after the incident that occured that day. Word had already gone out that she was furious with her beta for acting rude towards her mate, and as a result of her fury she had beaten him to unconsciousness.

The story going round as to what had actually happened that day was in Isabel's favor because for years now, the pack believes that as an alpha, she was different from other female werewolves, so she was exempted from experiencing heat season. She enjoyed the different theories that came with their inability to see her in heat until Carlos tried to ruin it. He was lucky she didn't end up killing him.

"In essence, what you're saying is that, I'm partial, bias, inconsiderate. What more?"

"I- I- I didn't say-"

"Now you're calling me a liar. Is that it?"

"A- alpha" the elder regretted his choice of words after realizing that Isabel's gaze was on no one else but him. This isn't going to end well.

"Alfonso. For challenging my judgement, your mate is going to be in my service for a whole year without either of you meeting even once," She paused and asked him to meet her eyes which he reluctantly did.

"Do you have anything more to say?"

Though all the male werewolves in the council of elders were by far older than her father, Isabel refused to accord them any type of special treatment because they were at first against her dad making her the alpha, so any form of kindness towards them would be taken as a sign of weakness.

Alfonso, too heartbroken to say anything shook his head in reply.

Isabel took a glance around the room filled with elders, hoping that someone would raise any further objection but no one dared to breath a word. Her gaze settled on Ignacio, Carlos' father whom she had invited to be part of the meeting. He was once her dad's beta, not until he kept an important piece of information from her dad.

"Do you?" She asked Ignacio, who was staring back at her, daring him with her eyes to voice out his thoughts.

Ignacio looked away instead, causing Isabel to scoff with scorn. He was as weak as his son. She then went ahead to inform them of the reason why she set up the meeting, and as always they agreed without any questions. The issue of her mate was finally settled.

After the meeting, when all the elders had left Isabel's office, she settled comfortably on her chair, glad that it was all over. She would've canceled the meeting at the very last minute because of the pain she was going through, if it hadn't been for Xavi whom she had called to take Carlos to the pack's hospital for treatment. On seeing her in pain, he had suggested that she took something that belonged to her mate, to help ease her pain a bit.

Luckily for Isabel who wasn't ready to face her mate, one of Dylan's shirt, the one he was wearing at the time of his kidnap to be precise, was still in her car. So, she not only deeply inhaled his shirt to reduce her pain but also put it on to have his scent all over her. Isabel has no one but her cousin to thank for helping her get through her pain.

This made her realize that now more than ever, she needs to be on good terms with her mate and make things work out between them.

Sorry guys I'm not good at writing fighting scenes and all that, so you'll have to forgive my sloppy writing.