NINETEEN

It was late in the night. Isabel and Dylan were lying on their back on the bed, both wide awake with different thoughts running through their minds. Dylan was wondering why his mate hasn't said a single word to him since they got back from her parents house. Could it be that she was mad at him for acting like a coward before her parents? She can't blame him for behaving that way, he couldn't control his emotion because of the scary stories he has heard about them. Should he apologize for making her look stupid in front of her parents, or should he wait until tomorrow? By then she must have cooled down a little.

Isabel on the other hand was thinking about the nature of conversation Dylan had with his family. It worried her this much because he was officially a part of her family, meanwhile she had no clue what his parents thought of her. Did she make a terrible mistake of introducing him to her family, in her haste to keep her promise? These thoughts were eating her up to the extent that she couldn't get some sleep. Dylan opened his mouth to say something, but Isabel beat him to it.

"What did your parents say when you called?" She asked.

Dylan's face fell when his mate asked that question.

"I'd rather not talk about it"

He didn't want to be reminded of the ugly incident.

"But I need an answer" Isabel countered, not happy about being kept in the dark.

"They don't want to have anything to do with me" His voice cracked with emotion.

Isabel turned to look at her mate, resting her weight on her elbow. She watched as his eyes glistened with tears, and her wolf mirrored his feelings. Reaching out her hand to touch his face, she caressed his cheek and mildly moved his face so he was looking at her.

"I'll never forsake you for as long as I live" Isabel confessed with a reassuring smile. She came to the conclusion that she'd quit being guarded around her mate.

Dylan didn't wait until the dead of the night to unconsciously cuddle his mate. He cuddled up against her, tangling their legs together under the duvet. Isabel hugged him back, placing a kiss on his blonde locks. Isabel is his safe haven, and nothing or no one can change that.

The next morning, Isabel woke up to feel a weight on her stomach. She looked down and saw her mate sound asleep. He looked so adorable while sleeping, with his dishevelled hair and his slightly parted lips. His soft snores were like music to her ears. She could live with this beautiful sound for the rest of her life. The feeling of having her mate in her arms and the thought of waking up beside him every morning was sheer bliss. The alarm suddenly went off, startling Isabel, who was busy admiring her mate. She quickly turned off the alarm so as not to wake her mate, but it was already too late as Dylan stirred from his sleep.

"Go back to sleep" She said to a half awake Dylan.

"I don't want to" He mumbled, holding onto her tightly.

"I need to go for my morning run" She explained, fingering his hair.

"We can go together" He suggested with his puppy eyes no one could refuse.

"Don't hold me back"

"You won't be disappointed"

Isabel and Dylan are currently at the tree where she usually stops to take off her clothes.

"What are you waiting for?" She raised a questioning eyebrow at her mate.

Does she really expect him to take off his clothes in her presence?

"Right here?" He wanted to be certain he understood what she meant.

"Where else?" She confirmed his fears.

"Turn around, please" He politely said, so she doesn't feel offended.

A smirk made its way to Isabel's lips as she closed the gap between them.

"What?... You ain't got the balls to go butt naked in front of your mate?" She teased

"I- it's not t-that. I'm just not u-used to this" He kept stumbling over his words, mentally cursing himself for getting nervous.

"Oh, really!... Let me help you, then"

Before Dylan's very eyes, his mate discarded her clothes, leaving her nude. There was no form of shame or embarrassment in her eyes, making him open his mouth in awe. Her breasts were firm and round with pointed nipples he couldn't wait to suck and nibble. He was amazed at how flat her stomach was, like that of models in magazines, who barely ate, which wasn't the case for his mate. Her slim waist perfectly complimented her large hips and thighs. Dylan tried to control the trembling in his legs as he struggled with his horny wolf from pouncing on Isabel and mating her on the spot. He had to force his eyes away from looking lower, to save the little sanity he had left.

Dylan stepped backwards as his mate inched forward, and only stopped when his back made contact with the tree.

"Relax" She whispered, before sliding her fingers under his shirt, enjoying how his masculinity felt against her fingers.

Without breaking away her stare, she slowly lifted his shirt above his head, throwing it on the ground once it was off. His body quivered in delight as Isabel's lips touched his chest. Her kisses went lower and lower, lingering on his torso. He moaned when she dug her fingers inside his joggers, and caressed his manhood, making him go hard. The cold air fanned his now exposed lower region, sending shivers all over him.

The smell of her mate's arousal heightened Isabel's urge to mate with her Greek god of a mate. Her wolf purred at the sight of its mate's large erection. Brushing her fingers teasingly against his tip, she stood up.

"You better get used to this" She then said, and shifted into her wolf form, running deep into the woods.