TWENTY ONE

It was a Saturday morning. Isabel and Dylan decided to have a lazy day, because they wanted some time to themselves.

"What are you doing?" A lazy Isabel hugged her shirtless mate from behind, inhaling his enchanting scent.

She had just walked into the kitchen where her mate's strong rosewood scent had led her to, only to find him busy on the stove. It was a good thing they were werewolves with a keen sense of smell unlike humans who would've probably been startled by their partner's sudden presence.

Dylan gave a chuckle of delight as his mate buried her face in his back in her attempt to inhale his scent. The previous weekend's incident had been long forgotten by the two.

"I'm making breakfast"

Isabel stopped her action at her mate's reply, and let go of his torso. Dylan, confused by her silence turned off the stove before giving his attention to his mate who already had a questioning look. This isn't going to go down well, he could already tell.

"And why is that?... Where is Ingrid and Veronica?" She glanced around the kitchen, in hopes of spotting one of her helps.

"I asked them to take the day off" Dylan explained, to call her attention.

"You did what?!" She exclaimed in a fierce whisper, giving him a hostile glare.

Not being able to fully understand the thoughts and emotions of alphas frustrates Dylan sometimes. They get angry over just anything, and that doesn't sit well with him.

"I didn't think their presence was necessary since we wanted to spend some quality time together"

"I should be the one to decide that, don't you think?"

Isabel was upset because Ingrid was Alfonso's mate, the elder whom she punished some weeks ago by separating him from his mate. Allowing her mate make decisions contrary to the ones she has made would undermine her authority.

"If you're concerned about Ingrid, I sent her on an errand" Dylan continued

When he had relieved the female werewolves of their duties earlier that day, the older werewolf was scared that her alpha would increase her punishment if she discovers that she was anywhere near her mate, so she had to explain everything to him, which he found heartbreaking and unnecessary.

Isabel calmed down after hearing that Ingrid wasn't with her mate.

"You know..." He paused, pouring a glass of orange juice for his mate, to help ease her anger.

"The way you treat these werewolves is a bit rigid... They're your family, your pack" He carefully said, handing her the glass of juice.

"I think you should loosen up a little. Treat them with love and care, and... Maybe some respect?"

Isabel snorted at the complete nonsense her mate just explained. The Pride pack has always lived like this from time immemorial. That's what made them the only pack in Latin America, the strongest and the most feared pack, the richest pack and so on. They didn't have to kill anyone to gain these titles. Their rigid methods did all the talking, and earned them vassal territories both from werewolves and humans, who sought for their protection.

"That's the duty of a Luna... As an alpha, I give them adequate protection and provision. What more do they expect from me?" She replied, chuckling at the thought of acting friendly towards her pack members. That is the most absurd thing or situation that could ever happen.

"Fine, then... I'll show them what TLC is truly like" Dylan said, to keep the conversation going.

He was happy to be having this sort of conversation with his mate without being decorated with injuries, like someone he used to know.

"You're not a Luna, so you'll do no such thing"

His mate's tone of voice was serious, but underneath he could tell she was amused at his suggestion.

"They can live without such attention for a couple of years" Her voice was faintly mocking, causing Dylan to send a frown her way.

"What? You better stay shut, else I'll make you my beta"

She gulped down the rest of her drink.

"That won't be a bad idea, you know. I'll get to be by your side every hour of the day"

Dylan effortlessly circled his arms around her small waist, teasing her with feather like kisses on her neck.

"You'll be my errand boy, doing all my dirty works" She played along, tangling her fingers in his hair.

"I'd really love to do it dirty with you"

Isabel playfully slapped her mate on the chest before nibbling his lower lips. They kissed and made out right there in the kitchen until they were out of breath.

"Never" Isabel then whispered close to his ear, licking it with her tongue, to further tease him.

"I'm hungry"

"I can fill you up wherever you want, just name it" Dylan's hands settled on her round butt, caressing it with each word.

"I'm literally hungry, idiot"

His mate removed his hands from their final place of rest, and guided him back to the stove.

"Make me breakfast while I go shower"

Electricity shot through Dylan's body at the mention of shower, causing him to regret his decision to make breakfast.

"See you in a bit" And she was out of the kitchen in three strides.

Isabel showered and dressed and went downstairs. She was shocked to see her little sister in her living room. How did she get here? She wondered, strolling towards the young girl. The moment Teresa noticed her elder sister, she ran into her arms.

"And what are you doing here, princess?" She cooed, moving towards the dinning room.

"I offered to babysit her today" Dylan joined in the conversation as he set the table for breakfast.

"Someone's in for an easy ride" Isabel murmured with heavy sarcasm.

"I heard that!" Her mate yelled from the kitchen.

She covered her sister's mouth with her hand, to muffle her adorable giggles. They both feigned seriousness when Dylan was back in the dinning room. Her mate had no idea what he was getting himself into. Her little sister can easily be mistaken for a quiet kid when around her or their dad, probably because they are alphas, but around their mom and relatives, she is a bubbly and naughty child. She could keep a werewolf on its toes, to the point of exhaustion. She wonders how her mate plans to beat Teresa at her own game.

"I have a younger brother back at home, so taking care of this cute angel won't be a problem" Dylan interrupted her thoughts, making funny faces at her little sister who was hiding her face in the crook of her neck, pretending to be shy.

"Good luck with that"

Isabel had spent two hours in her study, trying to study the recent reports of their vassal packs sent in the previous night by its representatives, but Teresa's giggles, the sound of things shattering, and Dylan's anxious voice and endless pleas for her sister to avoid touching one thing or the other couldn't make her concentrate.  She kept chuckling to herself, feeling tempted every twenty minutes to help out her mate, but always ends up changing her mind when she hears them laughing. The house suddenly turned quiet, causing her to become curious. To satisfy her curiosity, she walked quietly towards the living room, so that her presence wouldn't be heard. Isabel's heart melted completely at the sight of her little sister sleeping soundly on Dylan's chest. He was sprawled on the couch, snoring loudly. The entire living room was a mess courtesy of Teresa and Dylan, but that didn't bother Isabel at all, as her thoughts were occupied with how great a father Dylan would be to their pups in the future. She took a picture of the cute pair and tip toed back into the study, to get some work done this time.