THIRTY FOUR

After several failed attempts to wake Isabel, a worried Dylan carried her bridal style and carefully placed her on his bed. He became alarmed when he saw multiple deep cuts all over her body.

"How could you have been so foolish, Isabel?" He mumbled to his mate's unconscious body, his voice filled with emotions.

What is he supposed to do in a situation like this? He wondered, going into the bathroom to get a wet towel to clean her wounds.

Xavi, who would've been of help to him is currently receiving treatment, and there's no way in hell he'll let anyone see his mate in this state, so how does he handle the situation?

"Please, wake up." He kept repeating as he wiped the blood off her slowly healing wounds.

How will he live without his mate?

They were just beginning to get along, now this had to happen. He shouldn't have pushed her into helping his pack. Although they were his previous family, these people were mean to him when he had no mate.

He should've let them solve their problem by themselves.

"I can't rule the Pride pack even if you wanted me to." He began, when Isabel still wasn't showing any sign of regaining her consciousness.

"I- I do get on your nerves pretty often, but the truth is, I'm a coward... I'm not brave enough to own up to my feelings, not to mention leading a pack." A stray tear rolled down his cheeks as he grinded his teeth to contain his emotions.

"I don't want to take your place, nor do I want to lose you, Isabel."

Dylan was shaken by the whole situation, and couldn't think of a way to make Isabel wake up since this was the first time he was seeing her in a vulnerable state. He held her hand in his large ones, and brought it to his face, hoping the heat from his skin would warm up her cold hand.

"I didn't think I'd be saying this to anyone, most especially the alpha of the Pride pack... Isabel... I love you."

There, he said it.

Dylan had been trying to push back his feelings for Isabel, but he couldn't do it anymore.

Over and over again she has shown him how much he means to her, and there's no other way to describe her actions other than love. He may be wrong, but it's best to think that way if he wants to save their relationship. He's in love with her, and that's all that matters.

A light knock on the door distracted Dylan, who was lovingly stroking his mate's hair. He kissed her hand and placed it gently by her side, covering her properly with the blanket. He went to answer the door, and was shocked to find his mother standing there.

"What do you want, mom?" He asked drily.

"I, uh... I want to thank your mate for saving our pack." Jane replied in a quiet voice. She was beyond embarrassed to be doing this, after having said a lot of hurtful words about the alpha of the Pride pack in the past, and not so long ago.

Anyone in Isabel's place would've left their pack to its fate, given the fact that it was a rival pack, but she didn't. Rather, she risked her own life to save the Greenwood pack.

"Really? What happened to your notion about her?... Or are you forgetting that I may have been bewitched by her."

There was heavy sarcasm in her son's tone of voice. She deserved that, honestly, but she's trying her best to be civil, so he should too.

"Dylan, I know I said a lot of unforgivable things, but I've come to realize that I was wrong."

"Right"