Not So Celebratory Celebrations

We quickly made our way upstairs and in to the apartment, I headed straight to the fridge and poured us each a glass of Prosecco. I took a seat on the couch feeling deflated after the race outcome and downed the drink in my glass, feeling this was the best way to deal with it.

"Do you want a shot?" Emma asked searching through the cupboards
"Yeah go for it" I answered, dragging myself off the couch and into the kitchen where she was pouring out two shots of tequila
"Cheers" we clinked glasses, eyes interlocked, and threw the shots back "Never gets easier" I coughed

I grabbed all of my make up and took it through to Emma's room and taking my place in front of her full length mirror. I curled my hair and pinned it up to hold a curl whilst we did our makeup before curling Emma's hair doing the same to hers. We both applied our makeup sitting in front of the mirror, Emma helping me with my eyelashes as I was totally hopeless with getting them to stick. When we were ready we took some more shots and finished the bottle of Prosecco before having our pre night out photoshoot.

jenwalker

Liked by emmasmithh, charles_leclerc and 274 othersMirror selfie Sundays 📸

Mirror selfie Sundays 📸

Feeling the right amount of tipsy, we called a taxi to the club. Luckily we were meeting everyone at Jimmy'z so we knew where to go when we got there. Max had let Emma know earlier today that he had put our names on the list so we were let straight in and went up to the bar to order our drinks. We ordered 2 more tequila shots and a vodka red bull each, quickly taking the shots with salt and lime before making our way further into the club and on to the dancefloor. Emma and I were dancing together when I felt two hands snake around my waist and I was engulfed by his familiar scent.

"Bonjour" he mumbled into the crook of my neck, the smell of alcohol mixed with his aftershave and the feeling of his lips on my bare skin sending chills down my spine. I turned around to see a dopey grin on his face as he looked down at me, eyes barely staying open
"You sir, are drunk" I laughed, punctuating my sentence by poking him in the chest
"And you are not drunk enough" he quickly whisked me away, just leaving me enough time to grab Emma's hand and drag her along, up to the VIP area.

Most of the drivers were already there so I greeted Pierre, Alex, Carlos and Max with a hug, all while Charles' grasp remained tightly on my waist. Max poured everyone a shot when we arrived and now I could tell why Charles was already so intoxicated. Charles and I turned to each other to take our shots, locking eyes
"Seven years" I winked at him whilst he stared down at me, his eyes burning into mine before we swallowed the alcohol, wincing less each time.
Charles collapsed on to the cushioned bench pulling me down on to his lap at the same time
"Thank you for coming" he slurred as his eyes looked slightly sad, clearly upset about today's result
"Anything for you" I smiled, moving a stray hair from his forehead and cupping his cheek as we gazed at each other, taking in every inch of the other's face just like the day on the boat, edging closer together. Until we were rudely interrupted again.
"Charles!" we heard someone shout from behind as Charles groaned
"We'll try again another time Leclerc" I laughed patting his shoulder as we both searched for the voice from seconds before
Another driver had joined the VIP area and was heading our way, we both stood up as he approached and Charles hugged him
"You must be Jennifer" he looked at me "well I really hope you are now or I've just fucked up" he laughed
"No this is Jennifer, don't worry mate. Jen, this is Lando" Charles introduced us both as I gave him a hug
"Heard a lot about you already Jennifer" Lando laughed nudging Charles in the side
"Only known each other two weeks and you're already telling your friends about me" I teased Charles as he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment
Max luckily came over to save Charles from the teasing and brought a tray of shots to welcome Lando, Charles and I following our usual drinking routine now.
I sat next to Charles making small talk with everyone, his fingers tracing the outside of my thigh often distracting me from the topic of conversation. It wasn't long before George arrived, we had our introductions and another round of shots were poured. Max was now getting lethal with the size of the shots he was serving to try and get the latecomers on to his level, only seeming to affect those that were on 6+ shots now.
Emma and Max had been in each other's company the entire night and the spark between the two was unmistakable.
I swallowed the last of the vodka red bull I had been poured, setting the glass on the table and Charles turned to me trying to say something although I couldn't hear him over the loud music in the club
"What was that?" I asked leaning in closer trying to hear what he was asking yet he just went silent, his eyes scanning over my face before landing on my lips.
"Fuck it" he groaned and before I had the chance to respond he pressed his lips against mine, his hand moving up to hold my cheek before I got over the initial shock and relaxed.
His hand making it's way from my cheek into my hair, deepening the kiss as his tongue swiped along my lower lip. We then heard cheers coming from across the booth, forgetting we were still in company and pulling away embarrassed. I hid my face in Charles' side and gave Emma the middle finger as I knew that was exactly who the cheer came from, Charles laughed and kissed my forehead.
"Sorry what was the question?" I laughed realising how we got into this situation
"Do you want another drink?" Charles whispered in my ear
"Yeah I think I need one" I shook my head in embarrassment at being caught as Charles poured another vodka.
The rest of the night went well, getting to know the other drivers, having quite a few drinks and too many shots, sharing dances and a couple more kisses with Charles, even reciprocating Emma's cheer when we spotted her getting with Max.
The club had started to get slightly quieter so we all made our way to the dancefloor, having a laugh with Lando and Carlos as they messed about. I was having a dance with Charles, swaying to the beat of the music with my back rested against his chest when I felt him growing against me. He quickly spun me around to face him and pressed my body hard against his, needing to have me close but also trying to hide what was happening from the boys as they would never let him hear the end of it.
"Come home with me" he growled in my ear, those words coming from him almost made my legs buckle from underneath me. As much as I desperately did want to go back with him, I didn't want to end up being some girl he used when he was back in Monaco, just looking for someone to celebrate with.
"You are a flirt Mr Leclerc" I quickly pecked him on the lips "but I have to go home, I have uni tomorrow" I pouted, showing my disappointment
"And you are a tease Miss Walker" he laughed as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders pulling him down for another deep kiss as his hands found themselves on my bum, gripping it hard causing me to gasp into the kiss which only made him smirk.
"At least let me take you home" he offered as I nodded in response

I let Emma know that we were heading off and she was going to make her way home with Max later. I gave her a hug goodbye, making sure she had her apartment keys with her as well.
"You kids behave! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" She shouted to Charles and I as we walked out of the club hand in hand to the car Charles had waiting for him.
Charles gave the driver my address and he set off, arriving only five minutes later. As we pulled up, Charles quickly got out of the car to open the door on my side, even when he's steaming drunk he's still a gentleman.
"When are you free this week?" He asked, walking me to my door
"I finish uni at 4 on Tuesday so we could do something that night?" I suggested
"Okay, I'm taking you for a proper date this time" he smiled remembering our impromptu date on the beach
"It's a date" I nodded before he leaned in to give me one last deep kiss, one hand on the small of my back and the other grasping the side of my neck, removing any space that was once between us. He then pulled away, leaving a couple of light kisses on my lips before we parted ways.

"Goodnight Charles" I said to him as I unlocked my apartment door
"Goodnight Jennifer" he winked, getting back into the car

That boy was driving me wild already

~ Author's note ~

They finally got to share their first kiss after many interruptions. Where will Emma and Max end up??
Thank you for all the votes on the last chapter and we're now at 1.7k reads which is mad for me to think about. Thanks guys, love you xx