Final Exams and Facetimes

When I got back in to the apartment it was empty, meaning Emma was still out on her date so I took the opportunity to have a long shower and make myself dinner, settling down on the couch and scrolling through Netflix.

Recommended for you: Drive To Survive

Would that be weird? I thought to myself. I wanted to learn more about Charles' racing history but I didn't want to ask him constant questions that he had probably heard a thousand times over. I skipped through the first few episodes until I got to the one about him: The Next Generation, and made myself comfortable on the couch with my dinner and a blanket.

It was an emotional rollercoaster watching the episode and learning about Charles' relation to Jules. I remember seeing the accident live, watching the race on TV with my dad and just thinking how horrific it must have been for his family. But knowing Charles was now fulfilling his, his father's and Jules' dreams of driving for Ferrari made me so much more happier for him.

After it was finished I switched it off and put on Parks and Recreation, still wiping away some of the tears that had fallen when I heard keys rattling in the door of the apartment. Emma and Max fell through the door giggling and making it very obvious they were both rather tipsy. I waved to them as they headed straight to Emma's room, internally grateful for the timing or else that would've been embarrassing if Max had caught me watching DTS.

I switched everything off in the living room and went through to my bedroom, still hearing giggles coming from Emma's room, so I looked out my AirPods and put my music on to block out any possible unwanted sounds as I tried to fall asleep.

*1 unread message*

Charles
Goodnight x

Jen
Bonne nuit mon petit ami x

- -

The next morning I woke up at 10 o'clock and tried to prepare myself for a full day of study. Our exams started next week and lasted for 2 weeks, only having to go into uni for clinics on a Wednesday. I made my way to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth before making myself a bowl of cereal to take to my room.

I had been studying for around two hours when my phone began to vibrate on the desk next to me and Charles' name popped up on FaceTime. I quickly answered, positioning my phone on my laptop so I could speak to Charles whilst still studying.

"I need your help" he stated running his hand through his hair looking stressed
"With what?" I laughed before he flipped the camera and panned it over his bedroom floor showing two suitcases and clothes strewn everywhere and flipped it back to face him
"I can't pack" he chuckled causing me to laugh along with him

I helped Charles organise his outfits for the next couple of weeks then he started to pack his suitcases, both of us completing our tasks as we stayed on  talking to each other. It wasn't until Emma knocked on my door that Charles and I realised we had been on for nearly 4 hours. At least he had managed to pack his suitcases in that time however I don't think my studying had been very effective with Charles as a distraction. We said our goodbyes on the phone and I made my way through to the kitchen to see Emma who was still looking rather worse for wear after her boozy date yesterday.

I made us both dinner as she told me about her date with Max and where he had taken her for lunch. I couldn't believe the lives we were currently living, dating the two formula one drivers currently battling each other for the world championship.

"Oh I almost forgot to mention" I said whilst shovelling a forkful of chicken into my mouth "Charles asked me to be his girlfriend"
"Shut up" Em replied with a mouthful of food as well and I nodded in response "and you said....?"
"Well yes obviously, who's going to say no to that man?" I laughed
"Hey look at us" Emma recreated the Paul Rudd meme "Who'd have thought it?"
"Not me" I continued with her laughing

We spent the rest of the night on our laptops in the living room sorting out a study plan with Netflix on in the background. After 2 hours of organising we had a good plan in place for our topics and called it a night. I got ready for bed, lastly checking my phone before I went to sleep

Charles
Bonne nuit ma petite amie x

Jen
That's my line 😂
Goodnight Charles x

- -

The next morning I woke up and immediately checked my phone to text Charles before his flight

Jen
Good morning x
Have a safe flight and text me when you land x

Charles
Morning x
I'll let you know as soon as we get there x

I decided to get up and have a shower to help take my mind off of Charles flying. I hated the idea of flying in a plane and now my boyfriend travels all over the world for work. Still trying to distract myself as I got out of the shower I dried and curled my hair and picked out an outfit to wear out today as there was no way I was spending another full day in the apartment studying.

When I was ready, Emma was already awake and ready, feeling much better than she did yesterday. We both agreed that we would find a little cafe to study in today obviously mixed in with drinking coffee, eating pastries and people watching.

We visited a few cafes before settling on one with a little corner table we could set up on and use for most of the day. I ordered us some drinks and food whilst Emma set up our laptops and study cards on the table.

emmasmithh

story posted

story posted

~ Author's note ~

Sorry it's so short and took so long, I'm starting on the next chapter rn so hopefully that'll be up soon
Hope you're enjoying xx