Chapter 14

"Embers in the dark can look just like shooting stars"

                     -Noah Cyrus.

The next morning I go through the Kedapolis file.

The company was created by Dimitri Ivanov in 2003. He got a couple of friends to invest in his idea until it became something solid. He focused on Television and Mobile Marketing. He was a man filled with ingenuity, a vision of what he wanted his company to be, and he had the drive and determination to make the company a resounding success.

By 2006, Kedapolis had become one of the best Advertising companies in the nation. He bought his investors out of their shares and divided it equally amongst his three sons. He died from a car accident in 2015, he was just 52.

Since then his sons have been fighting over who should be the CEO and have consequently been making decisions that have sunk the company their father worked so hard to build. Each son has secretly been selling their shares to different companies to line their pockets with money, now the eldest Alexei has 10%, the middle son Nikolay has 15%, and the last son Kristov only has 7%.

Dimitri Ivanov is probably rolling in his grave right now.

Despite knowing the company is on its last legs, the Ivanovs refuse to sell, insisting Kedapolis remain in the family. Unbeknownst to them they've been selling their shares to shell companies under one corporation. CEH Inc.

CEH now owns 60% Shares in Kedapolis.

With the sons shares added together being only 32% and Dimitri Ivanov's only daughter Katya having 8% shares, CEH is the major shareholder.

I lift my head up from the files and stand up to stretch my legs, at the same time cracking my neck. A glance at the clock says 1 pm.

I'd been at it for almost 4 hours. That explains the gnawing hunger. I close the file and go to the kitchen in search of food.

Spencer is already there looking through the cupboards.

"Look who finally decided to come out of her room" She says without taking her head out of the cupboards.

"Oh shut it. I have to know everything in that file by Monday and you're as much of a workaholic as I am"

"Maybe" She retreats from the cupboard, arms filled with vegetables and some spices "but my weekend is sacred"

"That's what she said" I snicker as I poke through the fridge for something to snack on.

"Very mature" she tsks.

"Yeah yeah" I mutter as I take a Snickers bar.

"I'm making tofu. So don't eat too much of those or you won't have room for it"

"Spicy Braised Tofu?" I'm already drooling as I think about it.

"Yup"

"Baby, I love you so much" I make kissing noises.

She laughs shaking her head "You love my cooking"

"Same difference honey" I bite into my snickers and moan a little as the nutty chocolate goodness melts on my tongue.

"Food whore"

"Proudly one yo. Call me when the food is ready" I tell her as I go back to my room to continue working.

 Call me when the food is ready" I tell her as I go back to my room to continue working