Chapter 15

"It is entirely possible that behind the perception of our senses, new worlds are hidden of which we're totally unaware"

                               -Unknown.

The car ride to the airport passes in a blur. I text Spencer as we leave the office and she replied wishing me a safe trip.

Robin ushers me into a plane that is way bigger than I was picturing it would be.

The interior is lavish of course, with velvet gray armchairs and comfortable couches arranged around various tables. Maroon throw pillows accent the couches, matching the cute window curtains as well as the panel that separates the front and back areas. The floor is covered with a rich burgundy carpet I bet would feel incredibly soft against my bare feet.

Robin leads me to a large sofa with seatbelts. He straps me in with a smile.

A man with brown hair and dark eyes comes out from the cockpit and walks towards us "Your highness" he says bowing his head at Robin.

"That wasn't necessary, asshole" Robin admonishes with a scowl.

The man smirks and turns his attention to me, his eyes light up with something sinister and his smirk changes to a slight sneer "You didn't tell me she was gorgeous Robin. I'm Lucien Blackwood."

"Khloe Jenkins" I say cautiously.

"Why are you the one flying us, where's Graham?" Robin asks, drawing Lucien's attention away from me.

Lucien shrugs "I told him to fuck off. I wanted to meet this one" He points at me "Not totally human is she?"

"Look here, we're on a schedule. Are you the pilot or not?" I ask, sick of his attitude and the air of superiority he has around him.

His black pupil spills into the whites of his eye and he hisses at me.

VAMPIRE.

My heart jerks in my chest but I raise my chin refusing to be intimidated.

"You can go now," Robin dismisses him.

He didn't like that, if the way his spine snaps up is any indication but he jerks his chin at Robin and walks back to the cockpit.

I let out a relieved breath.

"I apologize for my cousin"

"What's his deal?" I ask.

"He's always being a little rebellious," Robin shrugs noncommittally.

"Why did he address you as 'your highness'? Was he mocking you or something?"

The plane starts with a loud hum and taxies down the runway, slowly catching speed.

I clutch the armrests and close my eyes, tilting my head back. This part always makes me a little nauseous.

The plane leaves the ground smoothly and after a few minutes I slowly open my eyes.

Gray eyes stick to me like white on rice, "Scared of flying?"

"Takeoffs make me nauseous" I release my grip on the armrests with a sigh.

He nods "I see"

"You haven't answered my questions"

He waves a hand dismissively "I don't want to talk about Lucien. I have something else in mind for this flight"

"And what's that?"