Chapter 8

"Time for all the good demons to go home"

                                      -Lucifer Morningstar.

"What are you doing here?" Robin asks, his brows bunched together "How did you get here?"

Before I can answer, something flickers over his face, then his face turns to stone.

"Valkyrie" He growls.

He glances around the room, then marches straight for the door Valkyrie went through.

"What is wrong with these kids? Not even a hello" Valerie says shaking her head "You and Robin know each other?"

"In passing" I answer weakly, head spinning as I make calculations.

I know these people aren't human, so if Robin was here, then that meant...It meant he wasn't human?

No, no, I'm here and I'm human.

"This is his home too"

"Did you and your brother get into a fight?"

Valerie words taunts me. Okay. Okay.

Breathe Khloe.

I went on a date with whatever the hell he is!

I was alone for hours with him!

Breathe Khloe.

Shaking my head, I take a step back, then two.

"Khloe? Are you okay?"

Valerie's voice is faint and I can barely hear her over the roaring in my ears.

I shake myself, trying to snap out of it.

"Excuse me, I have to make a call" I don't wait for her approval before moving away from her.

I glance at the door Robin and Valkyrie went through.

Should I?

I don't want to be a victim who runs away with their tail tucked, dammit.

I bite my lip as I contemplate what to do.

Fuck it, I'm going after them.

The door opens into a palatial sitting area. Leather chairs are arranged artfully around a large fireplace.

I walk towards an open doorway at the end of the room. When I hear voices I walk even faster, only slowing down when I get to a slightly ajar door. I steal a quick glance inside. A study.

"What the hell are you doing Valkyrie? Do you ever stop to think before making rash decisions?"

"What are you talking about? I can't invite my friends here anymore? Is it humans you don't want here Rob, or her in particular?" she retorts.

"I told you, track and report only Valkyrie. Track. Report. You weren't supposed to initiate contact with her!" Robin roars and I jump back in surprise.

"She initiated contact first!"

"So what? Because you thought you'd get away with it, you brought her here? If you put her on Lucien's radar, are you going to take responsibility for whatever happens?"

"Oh please, I can handle Lucien and you know it! You're just mad I disobeyed your order. What did you expect when you put me on her? You know I always do what I want!" she snaps.