Chapter 17

(A/N; THERE'S MATURE CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER.)

"The world is real, but only because we've dreamed it into being."

-Alberto Villoldo.

"Hello" I say, confused, and more than a little disoriented.

       "Khloe, it's Sebastian. I'm sorry but the fire I'm putting out here is taking longer than I thought it would. You'll have to take over the meeting tomorrow"

        The lust still rushing in my veins shrivels up "What?"

"You can do it, you went through the files didn't you?"

"Yes but..." I stop when I realize he's talking to someone on the other end.

I can't hear what he's saying clearly and I fume quietly as I wait for him to come back on.

      "Listen, I have to go. If you need any help, ask Robin. I'm sure he would be delighted to assist you"

"But..." the phone beeps and I realize he hung up.

      I walk to the armchair Robin was sitting on before and I sank down. I can't do this.

I haven't done this before.

"You can. You've been with us for a year now, you've watched Seth do it a thousand times already"

I didn't realize I said that out loud.

I shake my head "I haven't prepared anything. What am I supposed to say tomorrow?"

"The first day of negotiations is just a kind of feeling out for both sides, knowing where both parties stand, and how to move forward. You'll be okay" He assures me.

I take a deep breath and think rationally. What he said has a lick of truth.

I've been in the background for months watching Sebastian. I can do this.

I glance up at Robin "Thank you"

        He stares at me intensely for a few seconds too long and I fidget. He sighs and runs his hand through his hair.

I bite my lip as I fight a ridiculous jealousy. I wish I had sunk my hand into his hair earlier.

"I have something to take care of in town. I might not make it back tonight. Call me if you need anything"

     "What? You're going to leave me here alone?"

"There are two guards outside. If you hear anything it's them. This is a private, secured land and people know better than to trespass. You're safe"

I fight a wave of panic and nod like a rational person. He sighs, walking towards me.

He cups my face and tilts my head up for a gentle kiss. A simple brush of his lips over mine, then a kiss on my forehead.

      "Call me if you need me" he says before he leaves.

I sigh. It's probably for the best that he had to leave, I need to prepare for tomorrow.

I wander around the house for a few minutes then I could no longer resist going outside.

I see one of the guards as I walk out. He bows his head at me and I wave awkwardly.

I walk towards the beach with glee.