Chapter 29

"Darling, your love is the kind that is talked about in metaphors and written into poetry."

                               -Bruisedmelodies.

Time moves in a blur after that. Freya assures me we'll talk tomorrow, right before some attendants come in to dispose of the body. I'm moved to a large suite in the east wing, also decorated in the elegant blue and white theme of the castle.

The attendant that brought me to the room informs me the theme is because the past two generations of royals were a water medium and the castle conformed to aesthetics that will aid them.

I sit on the large bed in a daze as Faes scurry in and out of the room attending to things that they deem necessary. Bowing deeply whenever they see me.

"Your highness, your bath has been prepared. Will a dozen attendants suffice?" A diminutive Fae and a green and black dress asks, fair head in a bow so deep, I can't make out her features.

"Attendants?"

"For your bath, your highness."
I blink at her "That won't be necessary thank you. You and the rest may go. I need to be alone"
She hesitate, head still bowed.

"Thank you" I say again "You may go now."
The room empties soon after that, and I get up from the bed slowly as I make my way to the open door that leads to the bathroom.

I think I'm in shock.

Oh God, I almost killed someone! A living breathing being.

If Freya hadn't stopped me, I would have.

I glance around the bathroom which is as big as my bedroom in the house I share with Spencer.

The bathtub is the same size as the stream Freya used to create a portal to the castle, pink and white petals are sprinkled around the body of water. It has wide steps and bench seats. Unopened bottles of different beauty products line the edge of the tub. New bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, all brands I'd never heard of. I lift one up, and the product inside it shimmers.

Made in Alfheim is written boldly on it.

Okay, that explains a lot.

I wade into the warm water and a little fog rises up the further in I go.
I sit on one of the bench seats, stretching my legs out as I relax for a minute. The water laps my body gently, soothing me, the warmth soaking away my weariness.

I lather and condition my hair first, then scrub at my body insistently until my skin is prunish, and it feels like I've washed off a layer of skin.

I soak for another few minutes before stepping out of the water, my body feeling momentarily heavy as gravity weighs me down. I wrap my hair in a thick towel neatly folded on a small shelf and put on a robe.

When I walk out of the bathroom, I see a portable dining table and chair has been set up near the large windows. The table is covered with a pale blue linen cloth, and elaborate tableware and dishes with light gold covers. Suddenly ravenous I rush to the setup and open all the dishes.

Venison stew, Baked beans with ground beef and bacon, corn bread with steam wafting off it, fried cabbage and a large platter of fresh fruits. My mouth waters, stomach grumbling loudly. I practically inhale the food. Stuffed full, I take out the wine bottle chilling in an ice bucket. The label reads Elvenar Mead. Different flavors explode on my tongue as I sip the sweet drink. I tip the bottle on my mouth and drink more of the delicious drink. I've drunk more than half of the bottle when I finally come up for air. I sigh, wiping the back of my hand over my mouth, then walk to the bed where I fall into a deep sleep.