Chapter 6

"Learn to tame the demon inside before it eats you alive"

                                               -Unknown.

My eyes snap open, and I immediately sit up.

I glance around my dark room uneasily. The tingling feeling of being watched grates my skin like nails on a chalkboard.

The time on the alarm clock glowed. 5:35AM.

Shivering, I turn on the bedside lamp. Its soft glow illuminates the room to reveal it's...empty.

But the feeling lingers stubbornly.

I stand up to switch on the overhead light. Any lingering darkness shatters. Cool wind ruffles my nightgown and I realize the window is open.

I stare at it in surprise. I'm sure I closed it last night. I march over to it but before I can close it a shadow underneath the large tree in the next house stops me.

The shadow is human-shaped and seems to be looking directly at me.

A startled gasp escapes me. Heart in my throat, I slam the window close and wrench the curtains over it. I rush over to switch off the overhead light, then tiptoe back to the window.

I shift the curtain a bit to peek outside but the shadow is gone. I glance around the illuminated street but it's empty.

The feeling of eyes on me recedes.

I heave a sigh in relief. It was probably the shadow of the tree I saw. I only thought it looked like a man.

I sigh again, because I don't believe myself. I'm in no way a light sleeper. I have to set my alarm four times so I can wake up early. Something definitely woke me up.

A loud shrill tune rents the air and I jump back in fear before I realize it's just my alarm.

It's 6:00 already. I walk to my nightstand and stop it with shaky hands, and turn off the three subsequent ones which has only one minute intervals.

I sink into my bed dropping my head in my hands.

Who could have been watching me? Better still, Why would anyone watch me?

You don't have time for this Khloe, you've got to get ready for work.

Sometime in the middle of driving to CEH inc the tingles come back. I keep glancing at my rearview mirror every few minutes but I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

After parking, I wait a few extra minutes to see if a car would also park.

I'm not disappointed.

Five minutes after parking a black Audi R8 pulls up beside my car. The window is tinted so I can't see inside the car.

Calmly I take my phone out of my purse and dial Spencer's number.

"Hey roomie, at work already?"

"Yes. I need you to do me a favor. I'm about to do something a little bit scary, actually I'm not scared at all. I passed scared 20 minutes ago, now I'm just fucking pissed. So, stay on the line and listen to every word.

If you get the feeling that I'm in danger, call the police. I'm at CEH inc parking space." I say as I get out of the car.

"Wait what? Don't do it Khloe. What the hell is going on?"