Chapter 24

A/N: MATURE SCENES AHEAD.

"Souls recognize each other by the way they feel, not by the way they look"

                                               -Unknown.

I blow out a breath and stare at the ceiling still breathing heavily. Robin collapses beside me panting.

That. was. Incredible.

I need to know the next time we can do that.

Robin shifts on his side. He places his elbow on the bed, his head on his fist as he stares at me. I draw in a shaky breath battling sudden shyness.

His other hand lifts a strand of my hair.

"You're always touching my hair or staring at it" my voice is hoarse from screaming so I clear my throat.

The corner of his lips lifts a little "Your hair is fascinating," He turns it this way and that, watching as it shimmers "It's like it has a life of its own. An ecosystem. Can I have some?"

I turn to face him, not sure I heard him correctly "What?"

He shrugs, dropping the lock of hair "It's okay. I can wait till you trust me enough to give it to me"

"I thought this was a temporary thing. Why would you want my hair? Has some kind of memento?"

He sits up on the bed, glowering down at me "We aren't temporary. I'm your mate"

I sit up too, wary "You are, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm yours according to what I heard"

He swallows shifting restlessly "Listen Khloe. I'm neither a vampire nor a werewolf like you might have assumed. In my world, I'm an abomination, I don't get a mate."

There's so much wrong with what he's said I don't even know where to start.

I straddle his lap and cup his face between my hands. His eyes are a clear crystal gray, and they stare at me with so much intensity.

"You listen to me, Robin Cavanaugh. You might not be a vampire nor a wolf, but you're both. You have both DNA and I'm positive that makes you like, super powerful among the Arcane races."

His lips twitch a little.

"You're your own species. This makes you a singular being. Powerful. It makes you a creature with which one does not fuck with."

His eyes go black, his dick snaps to attention getting so hard it lifts me up a little. I squeal when he turns swiftly, tumbling me back on the bed.

Robin takes my hands and lifts it above my head "I don't fucking deserve you but I'm keeping you."

My heart slams in my chest loving his possessiveness.

He nuzzles my neck muttering in a foreign language. His tongue flicks the shell of my ear and I go breathless.

He parts my legs unceremoniously and slowly drives into me. I moan as he fills me up. I'm still soaked from both of our releases earlier so he's met with no resistance.

"Fuck. I need to get deeper" He groans, digging into me harder.

His hips recoils and repeatedly plunges into me, bathing me with a sensual pleasure. Soon I'm out of my head. Drunk on pleasure. Intoxicated with him.

I make incoherent requests for more. Faster, harder.

His mouth comes up to mine and he devours me.

Ecstasy sweeter than anything bows my spine when he pierces my tongue with a prick of his fang.