Chapter 18

(A/N; THERE'S MATURE CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER)

"I wish I could stand on the stars"
-Bella Thorne.

As I get up from the bed I can hear Robin's footsteps down the stairs and the growl that emanates from his chest when he opens the door.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

        "Well, hello to you too Robin"

The new voice is familiar. Sebastian.

I go to Robin's closet and put on a shirt that swallows me, then I tiptoe to my room, though I needn't bother as I can still hear them.

They've moved from the foyer and are probably now at the bar. I can hear the soft hiss of a cork being popped from a bottle and the swish of a drink being poured into a glass cup.

"Go ahead and help yourself to my drinks" Robin says dryly.

    I put on a fresh pair of underwear and leggings, then I briefly debate the wisdom of going downstairs in Robin's shirt. Sooner or later, Sebastian is going to find out about us, but am I about to flaunt it in his face?

With great reluctance I take off his shirt and put on my sweatshirt. I finger comb my hair and put it up in a bun.

   "What happened with the Morellis?" Robin asks as I walk down the hallway.

"The motherfuckers went rogue. The rumors are true. They drink from people indiscriminately, drinking till they die or till they're on the brink of death, then dispose the bodies in a public place where humans can see them"

Another swish as liquid is poured into another glass "You took them out" Robin says.

"Of course," Sebastian confirms.

I stop walking. Two things hit me at once.

All along I've been able to hear them clearly which they must not be expecting, since they've been speaking freely. Obviously, I'm up here, and they're down there. No normal human should be able to hear them.

A month ago I wouldn't have even been able to hear someone talking in the next room.

Another change in me.

My heart squeezes painfully at that realization.

Is this how I'd slowly change? Would I even know when I become fully Fae? Or will that just creep on me too?

"Any witnesses?" Robin asks.

       "I took care of them"

The second thing is how ruthless Robin sounds. I've never heard him like that in...ever.

And Sebastian.

He almost sounds like he's reporting to his boss instead of talking to his partner which is really weird.

And just what did Robin mean by taking them out? They were obviously talking about rogue vampires. Did Sebastian kill them?

My heart quickens in fear. And the witnesses he took out?

My feet hovers over the first step as I realize I should probably be terrified of these people I barely knew.

Should I go back to my room and continue listening to them? That's probably the better option.

"Are you coming down Khloe or are you just going to hang around on the stairway?" Robin asks, sounding amused.

Damn it. I lift my chin as I slowly make my way down the stairs.