9

5

luca

"What the fuck, Dad?" I barked, as I stormed into his office.

Dad was sitting there with Jamal, drinking whisky straight from the bottle. I knocked the bottle out from his hands, and poured it all over the floor, disgusted at the sight of him.

"What the fuck, Luca?!" Dad roared angrily. "What are you doing?"

"Wake the fuck up, Dad," I snarled. "Stop drinking. It's all I ever see you fucking do."

Dad rattled his fists angrily, banging them down on the table. Jamal screwed his face, folding his arms.

"What's up your ass?" Jamal sneered. "Did you collect the debts from Tariq?"

"No," I retorted. "He wasn't at the goddamn location."

"You could've rummaged through his flat, taken goods worth the value. Carried on looking for him. Why the fuck are you back here? Why aren't you dealing with the situation?!" Jamal scolded.

"Massimo's dead, I thought I'd come back to inform you," I shot back.

"What?" Dad got up on his feet, going stone white in shock. "No, no... Not Massimo. Not Massimo..."

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!" Jamal roared. "You let Massimo die?! He's our flesh and blood, one of our main men, he takes care of so many operations..." Jamal trailed off his sentence, punching the wall behind him so hard that his fist snapped and blood started to gush out of his hand.

I'd seen enough blood for one fucking day.

"He's out of control," I seethed. "He killed a Muslim woman and her little kids. I had to let Fizz take care of him."