16

7

luca

I made my way to a club in Birmingham that night, needing to get my head straight after everything that had happened in my shit-show of a life recently. Walking into Pryzm, I made my way to the bar, ready to get hammered.

Needing to forget.

"Jack Daniels please," I sighed to the barman, exhausted.

"Coming right up."

He poured me the drink, and I slammed down enough money on the table to keep the drinks coming all night. I drank the alcohol, allowing it to burn down my throat, not stopping for a breath.

Wishing that something would numb the empty feeling inside of me.

One shot.

Two shots.

Three shots.

Whole bottles.

My vision getting hazier with every swallow, the loud music roaring in my ears, making every single nerve of mine stand on edge.

Blood pounding throughout my body as I continued to immerse myself in my surroundings.

I thought about my father's pleading face as he died. How the color drained out of his face, as he stopped fighting for his life.

And I blamed myself.

I fucking blamed myself for all of this. For the mess I'd created.

There was no coming back from my countless fuck-up's. I was a fucking monster. I watched my own father die in my arms.