29

TWO YEARS LATER

9

luca

"I'm really gonna miss you," said Fizz's wife, pulling him into her arms, and planting kisses all over his face.

"I'm gonna miss you too, baby." Fizz pressed his lips to her forehead.

He gave his children a hug too. He had four beautiful children, two little girls, Annam and Huda, and two little boys, Ali and Shakil.

"Come back soon, Daddy," said his daughter Annam, throwing her arms around his legs.

"I will, baby, I promise," Fizz grinned, and his wife giggled.

I was at Fizz's house, waiting for him to say his farewells to his family, as I stood by the car with my suitcases and his, ready to go to the airport. I was going to go on a flight on my way back to Italy with Fizz.

Fizz finally pulled apart from his family, and made his way over to me, with tears in his eyes. He was a loyal man, and I knew he was going to miss his wife and children a lot. He was a better man than I was ever going to be.

"Take care of him for me, Luca," his wife called, waving at us both wildly as we got into the car.

"I will, I promise," I called back, and Fizz waved back to his family, sobbing as he watched his children fade away as we began to drive.

Fizz let out a deep sigh that he didn't know he was holding. "Here's to a new adventure, brother..." he breathed.