36

"Because I have some business to attend to there, and I want you to come with me. I don't want to leave you on your own here," Dad replied. "It'll be good for you to go abroad, clear your head a little."

"I'm more than old enough to look after myself, Dad," I retorted, rolling my eyes. "I don't know if I can be bothered with a holiday. I wanted to start up a drop-shipping business this summer, so that I could have a side-hustle sorted for myself before going into my final year of university."

"Stop working all the damn time," Dad scoffed. "Start the business while you're in Italy if you're that bothered. You're going, and that's final. I've already booked our tickets. You'll be able to spend time with some of your extended family, since you never bother making any friends here. It'll do you good having some social interaction."

I sighed heavily, running my hands through my hair, knowing that this wasn't up for discussion, and there would be no changing my father's mind. I couldn't help but to furrow my eyebrows, when he mentioned extended family. I wasn't aware that we had any extended family living in Italy. As far as I knew, all of our relatives lived in Saudi Arabia.

I guessed you learnt something new every day.