14

I also put Jamal to rest that night. Shooting him at the back of his head, before he even saw it coming. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to live with seeing his face every day, knowing that I was supposed to kill him instead of my father.

But there was one last thing I had to take care of.

I'd got a location on Tariq Iqbal. The motherfucker who left his family alone in his apartment. I had one of my men track him down, planting a device on his car. I didn't want anybody else to take care of him but me.

It was me that was going to deal with this bastard once and for all.

I could care less about keeping him alive. Ninety grand was small change, petty money that I didn't care for. I already had way more money than I knew what to do with. Millions and fucking millions.

I drove down the motorway, leaving Manchester to Birmingham, following the beep, beep of my Satnav as I chased the motherfucker down. Feeling the wind lap in my face, watching the trees fade and the hills overlap in the background as I continued to pick up speed.

Seventy miles per hour...

Eighty miles per hour...

Ninety miles per hour...

One-hundred miles per hour...

Picking up speed with every passing second.

And then before I knew it, after two hours of driving, I'd arrived in Birmingham. Carefully driving through the city center, past the Bullring, past Grand Central, past the Mailbox. Wondering where the hell this motherfucker was planning on going.

And then he stopped driving, and pulled up to a graveyard.

This must have been where Lorenzo and Kane put the poor mother and kids to rest.

I parked up at the end of the street, narrowing my eyes as I watched the bastard get out of his car, locking the door behind him. With his black tufty hair, stubbly face, disgusting dilated eyes that knocked me sick. He was just as much of a monster as I was.

And there was only one place where monsters belonged.