15

I followed him carefully into the graveyard, watching him locate the headstone of his family, kneeling down on the soil, pressing his lips to the rock.

"I'm so sorry, Habibi..." he breathed. My darling. "I was in over my head. I had no idea they were going to come to the apartment. I'm going to miss you and the children so much. Please forgive me."

He rocked himself backwards and forwards, screaming.

"I don't know how I'm going to live with myself, knowing that I'm the cause of this. Knowing that you all died because of me. And there's no way that I can put this right."

He trailed off his sentence, heaving.

"I don't know what to do, my love. I can't afford to pay them back. I can't stay in the UK, it's not safe for me. But I have nowhere else to go..."

"You can join them, motherfucker," I hissed, clamping my gun to the back of his head.

He froze to the spot in shock, raising his hands in the air. Slowly moving his head and body anti-clockwise at an agonizing pace, before he stared at me dead in the face, a terrified expression in his eyes, the gun pressed against his temple.

"You're not sorry, motherfucker," I sneered. "You're just looking for someone to blame to feed your guilty conscience."

"I-"

"You can try fooling your dead family," I breathed. "But Allah can see right through you."

He swallowed down a lump in his throat, sweating profusely.

Knowing that it was the end of the road for him.

"See you in hell," I snarled, pulling the fucking trigger.

Leaving him to die in his own pool of blood.