All The Things I Said I'd Never Do, Well, They Came True

this is based off of the state farm commercial above! it's so cute :D

It's a hot and muggy Friday night at the bar when Zayn says to his friends Ant and Danny "I'm never getting married!" 'Like, seriously? Why get married when you can go out every night, get pissed, and go home with a nice bird or bloke?' Is what Zayn thinks. Besides, he's only twenty! He's got plenty of time!

-

Three Years Later

The trio walk into the jewelers' tiny shop together, the automatic doorbell giving out a feeble, tinny "ding!" Zayn looks around for a bit at all the rings. thinking of Niall and how he might react.

Finally, about a half-hour later, Zayn holds up a band. Silver, with three little diamonds embedded in the middle. It isn't much, but he knows Niall will love it.

-

Zayn and Niall have just sat down in their plane seats and buckled themselves in when the child behind them starts screaming his little lungs out.

"We are never having kids!" Zayn whispers into Niall's ear once the plane takes off for their honeymoon.

"Never." Niall agrees.

Little do they know... 

-

Two Years Later

Zayn watches nervously as Niall falls back on the hospital bed and grimaces in pain as another contraction rips through his body. They're only three hours into Niall's delivery, having rushed her at the very moment his water broke. Zayn is brought out of his trance when he hears Niall whimper, and honestly, Zayn thinks he's about to cry because it's so hard to see his love in pain.

"I Love You, Zayn Jawadd." Niall manages to get out.

"And I Love You, Niall Malik."

-

One Year Later

Rain pours down hard on the windows of their Manhattan apartment, but Zayn doesn't care. He sets their one year old daughter in her high chair and attaches a bib around her neck. Niall walks over with a plate of Zayn's favorite food, samosas, that Trisha taught him how to make. Dinner is quiet with the exception of Aaima's constant babbling and giggles, but it isn't awkward. Zayn loves the gentle roar of the city beneath them, the way it never stops.

"Love, we are never moving to the suburbs." Niall just hums in agreement, ruffling their daughter's thick, extremely curly black hair.

-

A Year and a Half Later

A white post with a plastic sign that said SOLD in big red letters had been stuck in the front yard of their new home in a little cul-de-sac. Niall was tucked into Zayn's side, Aaima on his hip and a smile on his face.

"What're you thinkin' 'bout, love?" Zayn asks.

"It's sort of funny, isn't it?" Niall pondered.

"What is?"

"Well look at us! You ended up doing all the things you never said you'd do. We got married, we had a baby, we moved...don't you think that's weird, Z?"

"Maybe," he responded. "But it's worth it." Niall just grins and leans up to peck his husband on the lips, as happy as can be.

-

Zayn is fuming as he paints over Aaima's scribbles on the wall. Niall walks by just then, a basket of folded towels in his arms.

"We. Are. Never. Having. Another. Kid. Again." Zayn seethes, cursing under his breath as drops of paint drop to the floor.

"I'm pregnant." Niall grins. It takes Zayn a few moments, but then he gets it and oh.

-

It's a hot and muggy Friday night at home and Zayn couldn't be happier. The credits of The Little Mermaid are rolling across the screen and the room is completely silent. His little blonde love had fallen asleep on his shoulder half-way through, his petite body curled up into a ball. Aaima and their other daughter, Eesha, are passed out on the floor, cuddled up to each other.

"And I am never letting go." He whispers, just quiet enough that he doesn't wake his family up, but loud enough that their dog, Harley's, ears prick up in her sleep.

Life could not be any better.