Love is All You Need

"Hey, babe," Niall smiled as he heard his boyfriend's voice through the receiving end of his phone.

"Hi, Z!"

"You ready to go out, Nialler?" Zayn asked. They were still in what people called the "honeymoon phase" of their relationship, seeing as Zayn had just asked Niall out only a few months ago.

"Yeah! You're still picking me up, right?" Niall knew Zayn would never leave him, but he just asked for reassurance.

"Right! You know I'll always pick you up, love," Even though they were only talking about how Zayn was going to pick him up at his flat, Niall liked to pretend that there was a deeper meaning behind his words.

Niall smiled again. "Okay. See you soon, I guess."

"See ya in a few, babe!"

-

Only minutes after the call ended, Niall heard his phone buzz. It was a text from Zayn! He picked it up and quickly typed out a reply.

"coming outside now! :)"

Niall quickly brushed his fingers through his hair and grabbed a sweater (it was actually Zayn's) off the back of the sofa. Niall skipped down the two flights of stairs three steps at a time and sprinted outside where his lover awaited him.

"Excited much?" Zayn cocked an eyebrow at him and smirked as he pulled out of the lot.

"Shut up and drive me to the mall, you dork!" Zayn laughed at the petty insults and drove out onto the expressway. One of the things that he already loved about their relationship was how Niall was always up for a bit of banter.

"Whatever, loser,"

-

Zayn parked the car and jogged over to Niall's side of the car and opened his door for him.

"Ready?" He said as he reached out a tattooed hand for Niall to take.

"Ready!" Niall cheered as he stepped out of the vehicle and interlocked their fingers. "This is gonna be so much fun, I can already tell!"

-

Zayn watched in adoration as Niall pointed out all the clothes and things he liked in the different shop windows.

"Look at this, Zayn!" Niall exclaimed as he pointed out a shop that sold only snapbacks.

"Do you want one?" Zayn may have not had the most money in the world (he could barely afford his rent and was juggling three jobs just to keep up with the bills), but he already knew that he'd do anything for the blonde boy that currently had his nose pressed up against the glass of the display case.

Niall looked back at Zayn and walked away from the window. "No, that's alright," he shrugged his shoulders. "Is there a bathroom nearby?" Zayn, who knew this mall like the back of his hand, pointed one out. "Why don't you go, babe. I'll just wait here!" He suggested.

Niall reluctantly let go of his hand. Zayn waited until his favourite boy had disappeared inside the restroom and then slipped inside the snapback store. Before Niall had even come out of the bathroom, Zayn sneakily bought a Miami Heat snapback for his love. Zayn knew it was the perfect one because Niall loved watching American basketball, and that was his favourite team. He put the hat inside one of their many shopping bags so Niall wouldn't see and stepped outside where he was waiting before. Zayn knew he really couldn't afford all this, but he absolutely loved spoiling his Nialler.

Just as Zayn pulled out his phone to check the time, Niall came bounding back.

"C'mon, babe. There's one last place I wanna take you today!" Niall, who was the most laid-back person Zayn had ever met, just shrugged his shoulders and went along with it, and sighed in content as he felt a strong arm wrap around his waist.

-

"Really, Z?" Niall looked skeptical as they stood in front of the store. "This is for kids!" He gestured to the shop, where you could make your own stuffed animal.

"Awh, c'mon, Nialler! Please?" Zayn, who had majored in drama in college until he couldn't afford it anymore and dropped out, put on his best pouty, sad-puppy dog face and leaned his head on Niall's shoulder for effect.

"Oh, alright!" Niall caved, not wanting to let Zayn know that this was actually his favourite place to go in the mall. They went inside, immediately going over to where you could pick out what kind of bear you wanted.

"I can't decide between the puppy and this green bear, Zayn...will you pick for me?" Niall held up the limp animals out to his boyfriend. Zayn immediately pointed out the bear saying Niall should get it because no one else was going to have a green teddy bear. Then they went on to the next station, where you had to put stuffing inside the bear to make it fluffy. The worker, who was obviously amused by the fact that two grown men came into a shop meant for four year olds, quickly stuffed the bear and handed it back to them.

"Love, why don't you go and pick out an outfit over there?" Zayn smiled and pointed over to the opposite end of the store where miniature shirts, pants and accessories were hanging. He needed to be sneaky right now, so that meant he couldn't have Niall around. His boyfriend nodded in agreement and happily went to go pick out some clothes. Zayn, spotting a little kiosk where you could pick out noises to put inside your stuffed animal, quickly picked one up and tested it by pushing the small red button to make sure it was working okay. He handed it to the employee so she could place it inside its paw, and stitched the bear's back up, handing it back to Zayn.

Niall returned with an outfit in hand and grabbed the green bear from Zayn, smiling blindingly all the while. "Zayn, look! He's like the Irish flag now!" Indeed, Niall had picked out a white T-shirt and orange pants so that the colours were green, then white, then orange.

"Press his paw, babe," Zayn awaited Niall's reaction as he gently squeezed the bear's paw. Zayn wrapped his arms around Niall and hooked his chin over his shoulder. Seconds passed by in silence and Zayn frowned.

"I don't understand...it was working a minute ago!" Zayn squeezed its law harshly; why wasn't the noise working?

"Whats wrong, Z?" Niall turned around in Zayn's arms, sandwiching the bear between them. Zayn gulped nervously.

"It was supposed to say...uhm...I love you," Zayn furrowed his eyebrows together; maybe it was too soon to say I love you.

Niall's expression suddenly softened. "Awh, babe! That's so sweet!" He pressed a kiss to Zayn's stubbly cheek and hugged both his bear and his boy close to his chest, even if he did have to stand on his tippy toes to do so. "I Love You, too!"

Zayn grinned and buried his face in Niall's neck. His boyfriend said "I Love Youl" to him back! Hell, maybe it was a little early in their relationship to say that, but love has no time limit, right?

Niall pulled back, oblivious to all the people watching them and took Zayn's hands in his own, looking at his beautiful boyfriend seriously.

"Now, here's the real question. Can we go get some ice cream?" Zayn laughed and nodded.

"Of course we can, babe! I Love You, remember?"

-

14.02.15

yayyy!!!! i'm back from the dead!!! just kidding, i didn't die lol!! i was just out of inspiration for while, but i'm back!!! here's your valentines day present, lovelies! i hope you liked it!! love you all xx