All The Way To The Moon And Back

Gwendolyn Amity woke up that day smiling, just like she had gone to bed smiling. Today was the day, or tonight, rather. Tonight, she was bringing a girl home to meet her parents for the first time in her life. Arabella Naava had stolen her heart at the tender age of fifteen. She remembered the first day she saw her like it was yesterday.

~

The bell had just rung for fifth period and Gwen was running late. Very late. She pulled open the wooden doors the gymnasium and sprinted inside, careful not to drop any of her books. Throwing them into her assigned locker, Gwen leaped over to the shelf of little cubbies and pulled out her ugly grey and black gym uniform, quite literally throwing them on over her shorts and t-shirt. The young girl swore loudly as she heard the P.E.'s teacher shrill whistle blow. Gwen bit her lip, knowing what her punishment would be as soon as she walked out of the locker-room doors.

"Detention, Malik! That's the third time this week you've been late! Next time it's a call to your parents! Your brother, Danny, taught you that, I suppose?"

'Not that they would care, anyway,' She thought to herself. Then again, they might. Niall and Zayn Malik usually didn't care about simple things like being late once in a while, but after a bit, it would become a slight problem. She would usually get a talking-to and then a hug (Niall was never the best disciplinarian) from her dad and a pat on the back from her papa. Then she would do her homework until it was time to eat dinner and text when she was supposed to be sleeping.

Sighing, Gwen sat down.

"Pssst! Psst!" She nearly jumped right back out of her uniform.

"What?" She hissed, clutching her heart.

"Alright, alright, no need to get pissy on me!" Gwen whipped her head around, ready to talk to whoever it was that was behind her.

"Oh! Um...uh...sorry I-I..." She looked up only to stumble upon the most beautiful set of lips she had ever seen in her entire fifteen years of existence. They were pink and plump with a piercing on the side and belonged to the one and only, Arabella Naava. 

'She's gorgeous...' Gwen thought.

"Nah, don' worry about it! Just thought you should know that the tag of your shirt is sticking out. Here, lemme fix it!" Tan, slender fingers slipped inside the back of her cotton shirt as she lifted her flame-colored hair out of the back of her top.

"Why're you wearin' two shirts?"

"Couldn't be bothered to wear only one." Gwen deadpanned. Arabella threw her head back and laughed heartily, eyes shut tight. For some unknown reason, she found it hilarious.

"Arabella and Gwendolyn! See me after class!" Their strict teacher yelled. Both girls resisted the temptation to roll their eyes.

-

All throughout the period, Gwendolyn could not stop staring at Arabella, twice getting hit in the breasts with foam dodgeballs and once in the side of her head. The dismissal bell could not come soon enough. Groaning at the thought of having to face her wretched teacher yet again, Gwen made her way over to her office door by the locker-room to schedule her detention.

"Fancy seein' you here!" Arabella sing-songed, leaning up against the wooden door jamb with her textbooks in hand.

"We just saw each other not even five minutes ago..." Gwen shook her head, taking her pink Saturday detention form and slipping it in the front cover of her biology book. She began to walk out when someone grabbed her hand by surprise.