Gaslight Cafe, 1961

"Well, my names Niall and this here is my partner, Zayn. We're juat gonna sing a little song for ya if that's alright. We wrote it quite a long time ago, just never got around ta performin' it, so here it is!" Niall said with a smile on his face. He quickly tuned his guitar as Zayn stepped up to the microphone and sweetlt began to sing the first verse.

"Alabama, Arkansas

I do love my Ma and Pa

Not the way that I do love you

Zayn grinned as Niall slid in beside him to sing his part. 

"Well Holy Moly, me oh my

You're the apple of my eye

Boy I've never loved one like you

Man oh man, you're my best friend

I scream it to the nothingness

There ain't nothin' that I need

Niall stepped back so that Zayn could have more room, as he tended to move around a lot, and this was a very small stage. After all, this was only the Gaslight Cafe.

"Well hot and heavy pumpkin pie

Chocolate candy, Jesus Christ

Ain't nothin' please me more than you

Zayn gently pulled on the head of Niall's guitar so that they could sing the chorus together. he just loved how Niall looked in the stagelights. He was absolutley beautiful.

"Home, let me come home

Home is wherever I'm with you

Home, let me come home

Home is wherever I'm with you

La La La La

Take me home

Mama, I'm coming home

Niall sang the next verse loud and let his rough voice ring throughout the small room filled with people. 

"I'll follow you into the park

Through the jungle, through the dark

Boy, I've never loved one like you

Moats and boats and waterfalls

Alleyways and payphone calls

I've been everywhere with you, that's true!

Zayn looked at Niall and grinned like a fool, just like he did everytime they sang together.

Laugh until we think we'll die

Barefoot on a summer night

Never could be sweeter than when I'm with you

Niall's laugh was contagious; it was loud and it echoed. It was Zayn's favorite sound.

"And in the streets you run afree

Like it's only you and me

Geez, you're somethin' to see

Niall could remember the first time they could ever met just like it was yesterday. He was outside laying down in his driveway listening to "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch" by The Four Tops and Zayn had walked right up and laid down with him on the hard, black asphalt.

La La La La

Take me home

Mama I'm comin' home

Everyone always complimented them on how well their voices harmonized together. They always said they were made to be. Zayn stopped singing and began to laugh aloud, which wasn't  uncommon for him to do.

"Niall?"

"Zayn?"

"Do you remember that day you feel outta my window?"

"Sure do! You came jumpin' out after me!"  Niall chuckled. Of course he remembered that day; how could he forget?

"Well, you fell on the concrete, nearly broke your ass, and you were bleedin' all over the damn place, and I rushed you out to the hospital, do you remember that?"  Zayn asked. 

"Yes I do."  Niall said as he began to strum some sweet chords on his guitar.

"Well, there's somethin' I never told you about that night."  The audience quieted down, now interested in their conversation.

"What didn't you tell me?"  Niall's hands had dropped down to his sides, thinking about the contrast in color whenever he ran his hands through Zayn's long dark hair.

"Well, while you were sittin' in the backseat smokin' a cigarette you thought was your last, I was fallin' deeply, deep in love with you, and I never told you till just now!"  Niall blushed a pretty rosy pink as he could hear the audience clap and wolf whistle at them.

Alabama, Arkansas

I do love my Ma and Pa

Moats and boats and waterfalls

Alleyways and payphone calls

Home is when I'm alone with you!

Home is when I'm alone with you!" 

03.12.14