A Wish Is A Dream Your Heart Makes

Once upon a time, far, far away, there lived a rich widower and his only son, a pretty little thing with fluffy blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes.

One day while he was walking in the market, the Good Sir Horan bumped into a a woman. He was at once entranced by her immense beauty, but unbeknownst to him, she was a mean lady with a cruel heart and a wicked mind. The woman was also very crafty, and once she had heard about the said man's wealthiness, a plan began to brew within her.

At once, Sir Horan fell in love all over again.

-

As I said before, this old woman was very crafty, and many a time she put her skills to use. She was greedy, always wanting more of everything, and when she grew tired of things she simply threw them out. Of course, like anything else in her position, she became bored of Sir Horan. One day, she decided to put her plan into action.

The old woman had invited Mr. Horan and his beloved son over for supper, and, without any remorse whatsoever, she slipped a deadly poison into the old man's ale. At once, he slumped into his chari, his eyes rolling into the back of his head until only the whites showed.

Niall, the now orphaned child, dashed over to his deceased father and looked at the woman in fear.

"Help me!" he cried.

"You stupid creature! Don't you get it? I poisoned him!"

-

For 10 more years, Niall lived with his step-mother and her ugly daughters, everyday completing exhausting tasks such as mopping the all the floors, making tea, tending to the animals, sewing and mending dresses, and the worst one of all wasthat he had to keep his mouth shut about all of it. 

One day, as he was dusting the the shelves, someone knocked very loudly upon the giant oak front doors. Niall wiped his hands on the back of his trousers and opened the door, only to finda short man  wearing shiny, black, leather shoes, dark purple and glittering gold striped pants and shirt, and finally, a large neck ruffle.

"By the order of the palace, Your Royal Highness the King Yaser Malik has issued a decree stating that on the fifteenth of this month of September, that there shall be a Royal Ball in honor of finding his son the Prince Zayn Malik a spouse. He requires that every eligible man and maiden attend..." the messenger droned on and on; by this time the other three had made it down the grand staircase and pushed their way in front of poor Niall.

The boy didn't mind being shoved, at least not now, because all that he could think of was the very handsome Prince Zayn and what it would be like to live in a castle.

Seeing what was happening, the evil step-mother slapped him across the cheek and yelled, "What are you doing boy? Make our dresses! Well, what are you waiting for? Go on!" Niall hastily rose to his feet and grabbed the mending basket  from where he had set it down before, the correct measurements already in mind.

-

Over the next few days, Niall measured and sewed and drew, measured and sewed and drew, measured and sewed and drew until he felt like he worked his fingers down to the bone.

Niall rapped upon his step-mother's bedroom door, going over the plan in his mind. First, he would list off all of the chores he had completed. Next, he would carefully ask her the question, and, if all else failed, he would walk away and pretend like nothing had happened.