11 - Ryder: Full of Surprises

Heading through to the kitchen, I was shocked to see my dad sat at the table eating dinner. She looked up as I entered the room.

"and where have you been?" His voice may have sounded inquisitive to regular ears, but all I heard was the cold undertone. He didn't really care, it was just courtesy.

"Like you care" I muttered under my breath and his eyes narrowed.

"What did you say?"

The attempt to sound threatening amused me, but I didn't want an argument right now.

"I've been on a date." I answered his initial question in the same cold tone he'd addressed it to me in.

"You'll have to better than that." Dad replied snottily.

"We both know you don't date. Now where have you really been? Out with your whores?" Although his voice was spitting with disgust, he continued to cut his steak calmly, as if this were no more than a typical family chat. I locked my jaw and turned abruptly on my heels, ignoring him as I headed upstairs.

It wasn't long before I heard the downstairs door slam, and I glanced out of the window curiously. Dad was leading mum to the car and I sighed in relief as they disappeared from view. My phone buzzed in my pocket as I flopped back down onto the bed, and I checked the ID before answering curtly.

"What do you want Stacy?"

Her voice came back on the line, sickly sweet and seductive.

"You sound agitated baby, I'm on my way over and thought you might want to know so you can ... prepare. I'll help you relax." She offered suggestively, giving me no chance to turn her down before she hung up.

Bloody hell... I wasn't in the mood for her flirty shit today.

I tried calling her back, but for whatever reason, she didn't answer the phone. There was little I could do but wait. Perhaps I should've locked the door in this time, but by the time I thought of that, it was too late. I could see her approaching through the window soon after her call and the door slammed behind her as she let herself in. Her voice echoed through the house like a banshee, and I winced.

"Are we playing hide and seek? I don't mind games." With a roll of my eyes, I headed downstairs.

A post-it note was attached to the wall halfway down the stairs and I peeled it off, recognising the handwriting as my dad's.

"If you have one of your whores around, try not to make too much of a mess. Yours, Dad"

Shaking my head, I crumpled the note up in my hand and threw it to the floor. Stacy launched herself at me as soon as I appeared in the room and I almost crumpled under the full impact of her body. I caught her out of instinct, and she mistook it for a sign of encouragement, pressing her lips roughly against mine.