13 - Lola: Stacy's New Friend

Jogging back to the food hall, I arrived back just seconds after Ryder, and took a seat at my table as he walked back to his.

"How did it go?" Three curious faces turned towards me, waiting for answers.

"Fine I think." It'd gone better than fine, but I still couldn't be sure yet. Especially since I could see Stacy trotting back towards him as we spoke. She bent over dramatically, wrapping her arms around his neck so that her cleavage was pressed up against him, with her butt mere millimetres away from his friend Derek's cheek. Derek backed away in disgust and stood up, before realising how much worse off that made him. Trapped with his back against the wall, his crotch was now pressed against Stacy's ass and he looked even more awkward than before.

Ryder lifted his arms, wrapping them around Stacy's arms. I couldn't tell whether it was to pull her closer or push her away. Her head lowered to his neck, and from this angle, I could just about see her press her lips against his earlobe before beginning to lick softly at the hollow in his neck. He released an audible moan, and I reached my conclusion. He was definitely encouraging it.

"Lola." Anna said my name pityingly, but stopped there. There was nothing she could say, and we both knew it.

"It's fine." My voice sounded far stronger than I felt inside, much to my relief.

Ryder's eyes met mine, and my mouth turned down in disgust as I pulled my phone from my back pocket, snapping a photo of the awkward position the three had gotten themselves into. Others in the hall followed suit and I left the hall as the makeshift paparazzi snapped as many photos as they could. No doubt this would be all over the internet in mere minutes.

Footsteps chased after me down the corridor and I turned, my eyes blazing with anger.

"Ryder, just leave it, ok? I'm sick to death of your mood swings. If you want Stacy you can bloody well leave me alone. You got it?"

I tried my best to stop my jaw from quivering, worrying it might ruin the feeling of anger I was attempting to get across.

"Lola. If I'd wanted Stacy, I could've had her in an instant. If I'd wanted Stacy, I would have left you alone by now. God knows Stacy's easier."

I couldn't argue with that.

"But if I'd wanted Stacy, I wouldn't have led you on. Don't you trust me?"

The emotion in his eyes almost melted my resolve. Almost, but not quite.

"Why would I trust you? You've just described exactly what you do to every girl who crosses your path. Why should I believe that I'm any different?"

I tried to keep my voice from breaking as I spoke, but it wasn't easy.

"I can't prove it to you, but please believe me."

Never in my life had I seen Ryder plead with someone the way he was doing now. He'd always seemed to be the type of person that took what he want, barging through anyone or anything that got in his way. The fact that he was asking me to believe him meant everything.