Chapter 3

I enter the bar and sit on one of the barstools

I enter the bar and sit on one of the barstools. I took a quick glance around, for the man I am meant to be rescuing. I don't spot him immediately, since the bar is quite busy, but know I can't get away with a more in-depth look just yet.

The bartender finishes with his customer, before sauntering over to me.

"Hey there, cutie. What can I get you?" he asks.

I smile at him, acting shy and flirty at the same time asking, "What do you recommend?"

He asks my preferences, and I tease him the entire time, and he comes back a moment later with a fruity drink. I take a sip and nod, enthusiastically telling him how much I love it. He gets another customer, and I drink this quickly. I'm quite proficient at knowing how much alcohol I can handle, but I'm placing a lot of trust in the man I'm rescuing. If he's been drinking, we're going to need to call a cab.

"Hi handsome, can I get another drink?" I call out to bartender, gaining a lot of attention. I am acting drunker than I really am, which is nothing really considering I've only had one drink, to hopefully distract them. The bartender brings me another drink, and I head over to the dance floor.

It's only around two o'clock in the afternoon on a Wednesday, which is why I'm surprised that the bar is a little busier than I would have expected.

It works in my favour, though. I start to dance, and I make my way through a couple of songs with different men, before going back for another drink.

I spend the next thirty minutes or so, getting drinks and acting loud and drunk, when the man I'm here for asks me to dance.

I head onto the dance floor, and we start to move in time with the music.

"My name is Gabe," he whispers into my ear.

"Amelia," I reply, continuing to move with him.

"Pineapple," he murmurs. His tongue touches my ear somehow, and a shiver appears. Despite this being an assignment, he doesn't miss the effect he has on me.

"Shoelaces," I reply, kissing down his neck. He laughs at my random word, as we continue to dance.

I began kissing up his neck, and when I bite, he whispers into my ear, "What are you doing?"

I smile, and whisper back, "I'm keeping our cover, and getting you out of here." He nods, taking my lead.

After a couple more songs, and the pair of us getting more assertive with our advances, I head back to the bar, and request a bottle of water.

I then loudly ask Gabe if he wants to come back to my apartment, to which he readily agrees.

"See you later handsome, I will be back," I tell the bartender and wave. I reach for Gabe's shirt and pull him in for a kiss before we head out.

It only took an hour and a half, but we're out and in the clear. We head over to the carpark and reach my car.

"Wow," Gabe says, extremely shocked. "You pulled that off extremely well."