Chapter 9

I head out of Owen's place, slightly upset with the guys

I head out of Owen's place, slightly upset with the guys. I understand why they're hurt, and I hate that I didn't tell them what I was doing, but that was uncalled for.

I know North and Nathan worry about my safety—mainly because we don't know each other that well just yet. I wonder if doing a group round of bootcamp could help us, but that's not the issue right now.

They're going to be protective of me, and sadly that's probably going to be because I'm a girl. We've not done assignments together, and they're not sure of my skills. Forming some stronger bonds, and reassuring ourselves that we can all handle the unknown will help.

I get their reaction, even if I don't like it. Once I'm done here, I'll make sure we talk it through, and come up with some solutions.

I climb in the car, double checking that my medical supplies are in the boot before heading off to the Toma team's place. Despite being mad at the Toma team, my oath as a doctor comes first. Always. I hope that whoever is injured isn't too bad. I reach the apartment quite quickly and walk inside.

"Hi," I say to the receptionist.

"Hello," she replies, barely looking up from her computer. "What can I do for you?"

"I'm here to visit my friend Axel, I was wondering if you could let me up, please," I say.

"I'll need to call to double check first," she replies. She makes the call and after a quick chat she lets me go upstairs. When I exit the elevator, Axel is waiting for me, a nervous expression on his face.

"Dr Sorenson," he greets.

"Call me Sang," I tell him softly.

"I'm glad you came," he tells me.

"I'm a doctor," I reply, as if it should be obvious. "I will always come if someone needs help. Who is my patient?"

"Brandon Henshaw," he replies. "He's not in the best of moods."

"You've met my team correct?" I ask, teasingly. "If I can handle North, I can definitely handle Brandon."

"I'm glad you're confident," he replies. He leads me to a different apartment, and we head inside.

"Hello?" someone calls out. We enter the living room and a man is sitting on the sofa. Lord of the Rings is on the TV.

"Hi," I say softly.

"Axel who is this?" the man asks.

"My name is Sang," I tell him. His eyes show recognition so clearly, he knows me. I hope it's a good thing, but after my display here the other day, I doubt it. "I'm here to treat Brandon."

"Brandon isn't going to be pleased," the man mumbles. "I'm Corey. His twin brother."

"Take a seat Sang," Axel says. "I'll go check he's clothed."