Chapter 18

"So, you kissed Sang, Gabe and Sean last night?" I ask for the third time

"So, you kissed Sang, Gabe and Sean last night?" I ask for the third time. I can't get my head around it.

"Yes," he says, nodding.

"I don't get it," I reply. "Sang, yes. Sean, maybe, but Gabe?"

"It was to thank him," Raven tells me. I don't understand his logic sometimes, but it still makes me smile. "For helping me."

"With what?" I ask, curious.

"Surprise," he says. We reach the apartment, and head inside together. I'm so confused as to what's happening, but it seems I just have to trust in Raven.

I'd like to say he's never led me wrong before... but that would be a lie.

"So, would you want to hook up with Sean or Gabe?" I ask, once we're in the elevator.

"Gabe, no," Raven says, shaking his head. "I'd like to, but he said no and I'm big on consent." I burst out laughing and reach for his hand. I love that we're together, talking and there's no tension. Even if the topic of discussion is which men on our team he'd like to fuck.

"Why?" I ask.

"He has a tongue piercing," Raven tells me. "I like it."

"Oh," I muse. Should I think about getting one? I shake my head, knowing I'd hate it. "I meant, why did he say no?"

"Kissing is one thing apparently," Raven says. "But anything more is off the table. He's straight. Kinda boring, but whatever."

"And in love with Sang," I say. We enter my apartment, him leading me to the bedroom.

"Yes," Raven replies. "Very much so. It's cute."

"Sure," I reply. I don't know how I feel about the situation. I like Sang, and she's an amazing person, but it feels too soon to be considering another relationship with a bird. I want to fix my relationship with Raven first.

He pushes the door closed, pressing me against the door, and I reach up to kiss him. The kiss is possessive, demanding and we're fighting for dominance. It's been too long. I've missed him. He must sense the change in my mood and adapts to a slower and more sensual kiss.

"I love you," I mumble against his lips.

"Still?" he whispers vulnerably. I bite his bottom lip, loving how his eyes darken. "Asshole."

"Of course, I still love you," I say. "You're my other half, Raven, even when you're acting like a dick."

"I love you to moye solntse," he says. "Really love you. We need to get ready though or we'll be late."

"We're okay though, right?" I ask.

"Yes," he says. "We're going on a date. Together. Alone. It'll be nice." It will be. I dress in the suit, as it seems Raven has planned for us to go somewhere fancy and I have to say, I owe Gabe. Raven looks amazing.