Chapter 13

"What do you want to do today?" Luke asks me

"I want to go to the hospital," I tell him. "I have my project to work on."

"Don't you want to do something together?" he asks, sounding a little sad.

"Not really," I say. "I hate having unfinished projects."

"Do any of the rooms need painting normal?" he asks. "I could do that."

"Sure," I say, grinning. "I want to do one of the rooms a set up on a lilac wall. You could do the base coat for me."

"Sounds fun," Luke says. It does. I get dressed and we lock Sang's place up before heading to the store. I need a few things to do my projects with. Once we arrive at the hospital, Luke calls for Sean so he can get us a room.

"What's wrong?" Sean asks panicked.

"We're fine," Luke tells him confused. "We're just coming to continue the project Gabe has been doing and want to know where we can go."

"Stupid nurse," Sean sighs, he looks relieved though. "She made it sound like someone was dying."

"Well, we are all dying," I say, and he rolls his eyes.

"Shut up smart ass," Sean says. "We're doing pizza for dinner. That cool?"

"Yeah," I reply. Pizza sounds good.

"Can I come?" Luke asks.

"Of course," Sean says. "Text Kota your order."

"Sang does know someone will be here every single day, doesn't she?" I ask.

"I don't think so," Sean says. "She's still learning about the dependency part of things. She'll get the idea when we constantly show up."

"We're lucky she fell into our laps," Luke says. "Way to go Owen. At least him getting shot was helpful for something."

"If it wasn't Owen, it would have been Kota," I remind him. "Erica was trying really hard to set them up."

Sean heads to the nurses' station and after a quick discussion they decide we can go to room two today. Good. We head inside and it's quite clear of furniture.

"I've got to go," Sean murmurs after his pager goes off. "Call me or Sang if it's urgent. Otherwise, have fun." We nod and once he leaves, I direct Luke with what to do. I then grab the eggshell sheen so that I can cover the mural I did the other day. Today is going to be a better day.

 Today is going to be a better day