Chapter 21

I wake the next morning cuddled with North

I wake the next morning cuddled with North. He's sleeping still, but as soon as I move, his eyes fly open and he glances down at me. He's always so in tune with how I am feeling, and it's nice. It makes me feel loved and cared for.

"Morning," he whispers, tucking my hair behind my ars.

"Good morning, North Star," I murmur. He beams at me, and I don't know what makes me do it, but I lean forward and kiss his nose. He responds by pulling me in closer. "How did you sleep?"

"Great," he says. "Someone kept talking which kept me up, but I don't mind. It was very cute."

I glance around the room, everyone still sleeping, and I don't understand who he could have meant.

"You, silly," he teases, and I frown.

"No," I deny. "I don't talk in my sleep." I'm a liar.

"Sure you don't," North says. "Ask the others when they wake up, we all heard you."

I'm sure I'm blushing, because I know I do it. It's not the meds I'm on or anything like that. It just happens. It's annoying though, and I don't like knowing I'm speaking without knowing what I've said.

"Well, I need to pee," I say, moving on from it.

"Okay," North answers. "What can I do to help?"

"Help me pee?" I ask, giggling.

"I didn't mean—" he starts, before stopping.

"I'm teasing," I reply. "Help me sit up, and I'll disconnect myself." He does, being super sweet and gentle, and I disconnect myself from my machine. Luckily it's still running so I didn't wake up in too much pain, and my antibiotics have been constant. I make it to the bathroom easily, and brush my teeth and get myself sorted.

Surprisingly when I head back out, everyone except Gabe is awake and sitting up. Axel, Marc, Nathan, Raven and Kota aren't here, but everyone else is. Owen and Sean were sharing a bed, Luke and Gabe are sharing, and even Brandon and Corey shared a bed. It's cute. North was in mine, which left Silas and Victor with their own.

"Morning everyone," I say, smiling.

"Morning," Sean responds. "Want to change before we hook you back up?"

"No," I say, shaking my head. "Gabe will be awake soon and he'll want to do it with me."

"Sure," Sean says. "Okay, get back into bed and I'll hook you up."

"Okay," I mumble. I move back over and get comfortable, and Sean hooks me back up and presses play on the meds. I giggle to myself, since I'm acting like it's a DVD player or something.

"How are you feeling this morning?" Luke asks me. "You seem in high spirits."

"Fine," I say, reassuringly. "Not too bad. I slept well, not in much pain, and most of you are here."