Chapter 22

"Sean, Sang," Janet calls

"Sean, Sang," Janet calls. We turn, and see a woman standing there. "This is Victoria, Amie's mom."

"Nice to meet you," I say. I stand, with Amie in my arms. "Do you want her?" She trades glances with Janet and takes the baby. "Sorry, my name is Dr Sorenson, I'm a resident at this hospital. This is Dr Green, head of paediatrics."

"Oh," she gasps, realisation appearing. "Sorry, I didn't want to be rude, but I was confused as to why you had my daughter."

"We came in for a visit," Sean says. "Visiting babies is a downtime for us. Sang got obsessed with your little girl, so we've been running some tests."

"Any idea what's wrong with her?" Victoria asks. "I want her home."

"Not yet," Sean responds. "But Sang has organised something, if you're interested."

"Not to overstep," I input, so she knows we're not just sitting around judging her. "You're doing an amazing job, but Janet mentioned your splitting your time."

She tears up and nods. "I've got triplet boys. They're two, and I work full time," she says.

"What do you do?" Sean asks.

"I'm a receptionist," she sighs. "Work for a large company, and if I take any more time off they're going to fire me."

Okay. I like to solve problems, and I've got like four birds with one small stone this time. This might even be a personal record for me.

"Well okay, I now have two ideas," I say, smiling.

"What?" Sean asks confused.

"Nathan and Raven need a receptionist, and one who would be willing to be first aid qualified," I say. "We're going to be off for at least a couple of weeks. Gives us time to figure out what's wrong with Amie, gives Victoria more time off work where she can balance time in hospital and out, whilst not worrying about losing her job. Obviously she can't start properly other than a little few hours for getting used to the systems. Since she'll be an employee, she'll get paid. I've organised day care if it's wanted anyway, and the hospital would've paid for it, but as an employee we'll pay for it. Medical care would be included so no worries about her tests and things. This can work."

I barely breathed when saying all of that, so I doubt they understood. All three are staring at me like I'm insane, and I blush.

"What?" Victoria gasps out.

"Sang solves problems," Sean says. "She's very big on that."

"You've just eliminated every single issue I have," she tells me. Tears well up in her eyes again.

"It's what she does," Sean says, beaming at me. "I can't even get mad at you this time."

"Don't be mean," I pout.

"Mad at her? Why?" Victoria gasps. "You're an absolute sweetheart."

I listen to them debate back and forth, and I have a small personal epiphany in terms of my own career.