Chapter 20

"Owen?" Sang whispers

"Owen?" Sang whispers. She nestles in closer, and it makes me smile.

"I'm here Darling," I reply. "How are you feeling?"

"Where's Sean?" she asks, instead of answering.

"I'm here Pookie," Sean replies. "How are you feeling?" She pulls away and turns to him, tears welling up. "I'm going to spank you if you cry. No more tears Sang."

"I'm sorry," she whispers. "I messed up."

"You did," Sean says. "Owen, move. Let me cuddle."

"Come sit with us," I reply. She's gripping my arm tight, so she clearly doesn't want me to move. He gets on the bed, carefully moving her IV and machine.

"You were naughty and reckless," Sean tells her. "But that's my fault too. You don't have sepsis, and we're dealing with your other infection. We can look properly in the morning. It's only six o'clock, but you're having an early night. Food then bed."

"Do you hate me?" she asks. Fuck. Sean moves her and goes to kiss her, but she dodges. I tense up. "No. it's not... I was sick earlier."

"Silly girl," he says, teasingly. I can see the relief in his eyes. "I'll get your toothbrush, but you now owe me. If I ever hear that question come out of your mouth, I will really spank you."

"Promises," she says.

"Yes," he tells her. "But we'll wait till we have a sexual relationship. Right now, none of us are mad at you. Don't worry. I was mad at first, but I know you did everything right Sang. You called me up, and I acted like you were a hindrance. We were both at fault."

"I—" she starts.

"If the next words aren't 'I agree Sean'," I lecture. "We're going to start a tally chart." She sighs and leans in against my chest.

"I agree," she says. Brat.

"Good girl," I murmur. I kiss her forehead, and cuddle in closer. "We're going on temporary leave. After you're healed, we can do bootcamp and prepare. So, time to heal up, and stop stressing."

"I'm on vacay too," Sean says. "So yeah. We're all good here."

"Okay," she whispers.

"Gabe had a panic attack," Sean says, gesturing to him. "Sleeping now, but that's tomorrows task."

"Okay," she mumbles. "Can he move into my bed?"

"We'll see," Sean says. "I think some of the others might benefit from Sang time first. Gabe's passed out and won't wake until morning at the earliest. Luke's struggling. Axel's not okay. Might be worth letting one of them have some cuddles."

"I'm not like a soother," Sang teases. "But I like snuggles."

"No," I reply. "You're not. But you're calming and that's what they need right now."