Chapter 12

We leave the diner and head off to a hotel

We leave the diner and head off to a hotel. The places we use for these are always random so that nobody can anticipate our move. This time we're going into a meeting room there and I wonder who is going to be with us. It doesn't take long to arrive, and we head in together when we do.

We reach the meeting room and Corey and Victor begin scanning it for bugs. When they shake their heads, they also set up devices that will stop people listening in to our conversation. Good. This is going to bad enough, that we don't really need others hearing it.

"Okay," Sang says. Both teams turn to her and I smirk. She's tiny, but she holds herself in a way that shows she won't take any shit. She's strong. Really strong. But so sweet too. She is wrapped up in a box of contradictions and I can't wait to discover more about her. The Blackbourne team were lucky fuckers to get her—especially with the whole ghostbird aspect.

"Is the room secured?" Sang asks.

"Yes," Victor reassures. "Nobody can hear us."

"Great," Owen replies. "Move the tables."

We all get to work, and the tables are rearranged. It is now a six by six square. We position ourselves so my team is sitting opposite the committee members, and the Blackbourne team are on the sides. Sang is sitting with Gabe and Luke on either side of her, and North and Silas on the ends. I smirk at the two muscle members she has. Owen is directly opposite her with Kota and Sean on either side of him, and Nathan and Victor on the ends. Our team has me in the middle with Marc and Brandon on one side, and Corey and Raven on the other.

All arranged in a power display. It's quite amusing.

"Anyone want water?" Sang asks softly. Most of us nod and she exits.

"Where is she going?" Gabe asks. "How the fuck does she know where to get water from?"

"Sang seems to know everything bro," Luke says.

"How the fuck does she know so many academy members?" North asks, confused. "Seriously. I don't get it."

"She was a lone bird," I remind him. "She probably got around a lot."

"Don't insulate she is a slut," Raven growls at me.

"Insinuate," Corey corrects, causing us all to smirk.

"Same," he rolls his eyes. "She's perfect."

"We know," North says, calming him down. That is surprising.

"Don't talk to each other," Sang snaps, sweetly as she enters. How she can sweetly snap is beyond me, but she managed it.

"What?" Luke asks. "Why?"

My team all flash hurt expressions at her. Is she really ditching us now for the meeting? Has this week all been pretend?

"Raven and North," Sang says. "Everyone else can. Those two aren't allowed to be friends. I wasn't kidding about that."