Chapter 10

"YA tol'ko pozvolyu tebe poyti so mnoy, potomu chto tvoy doktor skazal tak [I am only letting you come with me because your doctor said so]," I snap at South

"Ne vedite sebya tak, budto vy delayete mne chertovu uslugu [don't act like you're doing me a fucking favour]," he remarks. South may be my archenemy but at least I can talk my home language with him. It's a nice memoir from my time in Russia.

"Moy malen'kiy voin [my little warrior] is making food for me," I tell him. "I need to buy her fruit cup."

"Not only have you just got out of a relationship that ended badly," West says, sarcastically. "But Sang isn't ready for a relationship yet. And if she were, it wouldn't be with you."

"Kayli left," I snap. We get into his jeep and start the drive to the store. "I don't want her anymore."

"Mne zhal', chto ona izmenila tebe [I'm sorry she cheated on you]. Kak vy spravlyayetes' s etim [how are you coping with it]?" East asks me.

"I blamed Corey at first," I mutter. "Then I realised it was Kayli's fault. She betrayed us. She cut our hearts up and jumped on them. Family is the most important thing, and mine need me."

"Kayli ripped your hearts out, and stood on them," South tells me.

"Yes," I reply. Is he stupid? She jumped on them. Not just walked on them. Stupid compass.

"But you're right. You all need to stick together," he says. "Call Corey. Tell him what we're doing. He might come home." I nod my head and pull out my phone.

Outgoing call to Moye Solntse [my sun]

Corey: Ray? What's wrong?

Raven: South and I are going shopping.

Corey: What?

Raven: Malen'kiy voin is going to make me some of the gravy soup.

Corey: I am so confused. Put me on speakerphone, please.

Raven: Done.

Corey: North, what is going on?

North: Sang brought some of her stew for your team and Robin wanted more. Sang sent us shopping whilst she cleans their apartment.

Corey: Oh.

Raven: Do you want to come and eat more gravy soup.

North: Stew.

Corey: Sure. Let me see if Victor and any of the Blackbourne team want to come.

Raven: No.

Corey: What?

North: Crow stop. You need to learn to share. We'll pick up double and she can make more.