Chapter 15

Erica has been and gone, along with lots and lots of nurses

Erica has been and gone, along with lots and lots of nurses. Sang and Gabe are passed out, which is good, so they'll be surprised when they wake up to all the presents. The surgical team came in and did some checks, Sang hardly moving, other than to moan at them for talking too loud.

"How's she doing?" I ask Sean.

"Not bad," he replies. "But not great. I feel she's in more pain than she's letting on."

"Stop getting into silly arguments with her," Kota says. "It doesn't help you or her, and just causes more stress."

"I know," Sean says, sounding tired. "I know."

"Is she really a virgin?" Nathan asks. I growl, pissed he's bringing that up.

"Yes," Raven says. "But she's not ready for a relationship."

"How do you know?" Silas asks, glancing at me but I shake my head. I don't fucking know how the Russian's mind works.

"She told me," he says. "When we talked about the fruit. She wants to get to know us and deliver what friends can offer."

"Discover?" Corey asks, looking up from his laptop.

"Yes," Raven says. "Thank you, moye solntse [my sun]."

"How are you coming along?" Owen asks, Corey and Vic.

"We'd be great if she didn't have shit routed around," Corey says, rolling his eyes. "None of it's in her name to start with, because obviously as she's a ghost, but we can't actually trace any money to her or any of the IDs in her name. Yet the account that her wages are paid into, is vast."

"That's the point," Sang mumbles. It's hilarious that we whirl to face her as one. "Nothing can be linked to me. I have far too many accounts, based on aliases and things. I have companies and stuff too. All great fun, and extremely hard for anyone to link back to me."

"Sneaky, Princess," Victor says, teasingly.

"You okay, Sang?" Axel asks. He stands moving to her side and as much as I want to push him out the way to help her, I know we've got to all share and have a chance. Sang will not appreciate us fighting over her attention, and if anyone's going to get into trouble, I'd prefer it not be me.

"Fine," she murmurs. "I think I need more pain meds."

"Another hour Pookie," Sean says softly. "You'll be getting your next round of antibiotics then soon. Try going back to sleep."

"Okay," she whimpers. It breaks my heart seeing her like this. Gabe moans, and Sang cuddles in. I hate that my family are struggling, and I wish I could help them.

"I'm going out," Victor says. "I'll be back soon."

"Where?" I demand.

"To get something," he replies, waving me off. "Don't worry."